2083 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Dr. Prober has been a member of the Rider Community since 1987. He currently teaches the required Financial Reporting and Analysis courses in the Professional and Executive MBA programs as well as the MBA graduate Business of Sports elective and the required MAcc Analysis of Accounting Data course. He has served as the coordinator of Rider’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA), faculty advisor to Rider University’s Johnson & Johnson Business Case Competition Teams, and faculty advisor to Rider’s IMA Student Chapter and IMA Case Competition Teams.
Professor Prober was the recipient of the 2004 Nancy Gray Award for Outstanding Community Service and the 2001 Jessie Harper Research Fellowship. He helped develop the accounting department’s laptop program and Forensic Accounting course as well as the CBA Introduction to Business and Business Valuation courses. Dr. Prober’s research interests are primarily in the areas of financial reporting and statement analysis, economic value added (EVA), balanced scorecards, business valuations and sustainability. He is an active research participant in Rider’s Business Forensics Center and served as coordinator of the first Rider Forensics Conference in 2006. Professor Prober has written numerous cases for the American Institute of CPA’s Quality of Earnings and Ethics Case Study Collections and his work has appeared in the American Business Review, Journal of International Business and Economy, Global Journal of Finance and Economics, and the Middle East Journal of Finance and Economics, European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences and the International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, as well as the Pennsylvania CPA Journal.
Dr. Prober is a member of: the American Accounting Association, Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs, Financial Executives Institute, Institute of Management Accountants, Society of Utility Financial and Regulatory Analysts, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is also included in Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers.
Professor Prober has several professional certifications including:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Certified Rate of Return Analyst (CRRA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
Prior to joining the faculty at Rider, Professor Prober taught ten years at Rutgers University. His professional experience includes work for an international public accounting firm as well as serving as a consultant for small and medium size firms. He has long term experience as a cost of capital expert in regulatory hearings and he has served as a long time consultant to the Educational Testing Service. He currently serves as a reviewer for Issues in Accounting Education and The Journal of Accounting Education.
- EMBA 9302 – Corporate Performance Evaluation
- EMBA 9220 – Financial Accounting
- PMBA 8420 – The Business of Sports
- MAcc 652 – Analysis of Accounting Data
- PMBA 8324 – Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Ph.D., Temple University, 1985
- M.S., Temple University, 1975
- MBA, University of Massachusetts, 1973
- B.S.B.A., University of Delaware, 1972
- Rider University, Associate Professor of Accounting, 1987-present
- Rutgers University, Assistant Professor of Accounting, 1977-1987
- Temple University, Visiting Instructor, 1976-1977
- Coopers & Lybrand, Staff Accountant 1975-1976
- Consultant to Various Small & Medium Size Businesses
- Expert Witness in Utility Regulatory Hearings
- Professional Certifications Earned:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Certified Rate of Return Analyst (CRRA)
Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Prober, L., Meric, I., & Meric, G. (in press, 2014). Does Company Green Score Affect Stock Price. Review of Business and Finance Studies.
- Meric, I., Prober, L., & Gong, L. (2011). Co-Movements of Global Stock Markets Before and After the 2008 Stock Market Crash. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics.
- Meric, I., Prober, L. M., & McCall, C. (in press, 2011). Lead/Lag Linkages Between European Stock Markets. European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences.
Presentation of Refereed Papers
- Wygal, D. E. & Prober, L. M. (2014, May). Forensic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of State Auditors: A Field Study. Hawaii International Conference on Business, Honolulu, Hawaii.
Refereed Book Chapters
- Meric, I., Prober, L., Bonfield, E., & Meric, G. (2011). "Co-Movements of the U.S. and E.U. Equity Markets: Portfolio Diversification Implications", I. Meric and G. Meric, eds., Sector and Global Investing: Risks, Returns, and Portfolio Diversification Benefits. VDM Publishing (Germany).
- Meric, I., Prober, L., Kim, J., & Meric, G. (2011). "A Comparison of the Financial Characteristics of U.S., U.K., German, and French Manufacturing Firms", I. Meric and G. Meric, eds., Sector and Global Investing: Risks, Returns, and Portfolio Diversification Benefits. VDM Publishing (Germany).
- Meric, I., Prober, L., Eichhorn, B., & Meric, G. (2011). "A Principal Component Analysis of the Portfolio Diversification Benefits of Investing in Emerging Stock Markets", I. Meric and G. Meric, eds., Sector and Global Investing: Risks, Returns, and Portfolio Diversification Benefits. VDM Publishing (Germany).
- 2009: Sustainability in the CBA Curriculum Rider University Summer Fellowship.
- 2004: Nancy Gray Award for Community Service.
- 2001: Research for Curriculum Change Jessie Harper Research Fellowship.
- 1990: Rider University Dean’s Service Award.
- 1989, 2000, 2003, 2009: Rider University Summer Fellowship.