Dr. Dunne has been a member of the Rider Community since 1989. She teaches introductory and advanced accounting classes.
Dunne is a recipient of several Rider University Summer Research Fellowships. Her research interests are in mergers and acquisitions and goodwill accounting. Dunne’s work has appeared in the Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, the Journal of International Business Studies, Advances in Accounting, the Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, the Journal of Business and Economic Perspectives and the Journal of Business and Management.
Dunne is a member of the American Accounting Association and the International Accounting Section of AAA.
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1988, Temple University, Accounting, Strategic Management
- Master of Science, 1972, State University College at Buffalo, Student Personnel Services
- Bachelor’s of Arts, 1971, State University of New York at Buffalo, Philosophy
- Meric, I., Dunne, K., Meric, G., & Smeltz, W. (2013). A Comparison of the Financial Characteristics of German and French Manufacturing Firms. Accounting and Finance Research.
- Dunne, K. & Sanchez, M. H. (2010). One Hundred Years in Prison for $126 Million Fraud. Review of Business & Finance Case Studies, 1 (1).
- Meric, I., Dunn, K., McCall, C., & Meric, G. (2010). Performance of Exchange-Traded Sector Index funds in the October 9, 2007-March 9, 2009 Bear Market. Journal of Finance and Accountancy, 3.
- Meric, I., Dunne, K., Li, S. F. , & Meric, G. (2010). Variety Enterprises Corporation (VEC): Capital Budgeting Decision. Review of Business & Finance Case Studies, 1 (1), 15-25.
- Dunne, K. (2010). Variety Enterprises Corporation Capital Budgeting Decision. Global Conference on Business and Finance.
Presentation of Refereed Papers
Meric, I., Dunne, K., Li, S., & Meric, G. (2010). Variety Enterprises Corporation Capital Budgeting Decision. Global Conference on Business and Finance, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
- 2006: Davis Fellowship Rider University
- 2004: Spring Research Leave Rider University
- 2004: Summer Research Fellowship Rider University
- 2001: Spring Research Leave Rider University
- 2010 - Special Projects: Distance Learning Grant - Developed online graduate accounting course
- 2008 - Special Projects: Distance Learning Grant - Developed online course