2083 Lawrence Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Teaches United States labor, economic, urban and business history. His research interests include American coal miners and the United Mine Workers of America. He has published articles and reviews in the Journal of American History, Labor History, Business History Review and The Historian. (Ph.D., Catholic)
Courses Taught at Rider
- World History to 1500
- World History since 1500
- History of American Business
- Economic History of the United States
- Constitutional History of the United States
- The American Worker: A Social History
- American Radicalism
- Internship in History
- American labor history, especially mid-Atlantic miners
- Workers in New Jersey History (New Jersey History Series 6, 1996).
- "John Mitchell and the Anthracite Mine Workers: Leadership Conservatism and Rank-and-File Militancy," Labor History 1985-1986 27(1): 54-83.
- "From Conflict to Cooperation: John Mitchell and Bituminous Coal Operators," Historian 1976 38(4): 669-688.
- nearly 50 book reviews in Journal of American History, Labor History, Pennsylvania History, Business History Review, History Teacher and History: Reviews of New Books.
- Frank N. Elliott Award for Distinguished Service, Rider University, 2003
- Distinguished Teaching Award, Rider University, 1976