Assistant Professor I - Librarian
2083 Lawrence Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- B.A. Northwestern College (Religion)
- M.L.I.S. Rutgers University
- M.Ed. University of Massachusetts, Boston (Instructional Design)
- Emerging Technologies
- Liaison to: Continuing Studies, Graduate Education, Leadership, & Counseling, Information Systems & Supply Chain Management, Management and Nursing
- Summer Research Fellowship & Reimbursement Award, Rider University June 2014
- Cranberry Calvary Award. Rider University, May 2014
- Marketing & Public Relations Award-Tech Shout Out, New Jersey Library Association (NJLA) June 2014
- Technology Innovation Award Nominee, NJLA College & University Section, March 2014
Selected Peer Reviewed Articles
- Yang, S. Q., & Dalal, H. A. (2015). Delivering Virtual Reference Services on the Web: An Investigation into the Current Practice by Academic Libraries. The Journal of Academic Librarianship, 41(1), 68-86.
- Taylor, A., & Dalal, H. A. (2014). Information literacy standards and the World Wide Web: results from a student survey on evaluation of Internet information sources. Information Research, 19(4).
- Dalal, H. A., & Lackie, R. J. (2014). What If You Build It and They Still Won't Come? Addressing Student Awareness of Resources and Services with Promotional Videos. Journal of Library & Information Services in Distance Learning, 8(3-4), 225-241.
- Scharf, D., Elliot, N., Huey, H.A., Briller, V., & Joshi, K. (2007). Direct Assessment of Information Literacy using Writing Portfolios. Journal of Academic Librarianship, 33(4), 462-477.
- Dalal, H. & Hannon, P. (2015). Creating Campus Buzz with Promotional Videos. In Creative Library Promotion & Publicity: Best Practices. Lackie, R J. & Wood. M.S. (Eds). Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. Forthcoming.
- Berg, C., Dalal, H. Piekart, A., Richel, L. & Scharf, D. (2015, Jan. 9). ACRL Standards vs. The Framework - What are the Issues and Why Should You Care? the VALE / NJ ACRL / NJLA CUS Sixteenth Annual Users' Conference. Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ.
- Yang, S.Q. & Dalal, H. A. (2014, June 16). Virtual Reference A to Z, What You Should Know as an Administrator. Presented at the Library Management Institute Summer Conference. Philadelphia, PA.
- Dalal, H.A. & Lackie, R. J. (2014, April 23). What if you build it, and they still won’t come? Addressing student awareness of resources and services with promotional videos. Paper presented at The Sixteenth Distance Library Services Conference. Denver, CO.
- Dalal, H.A., Pendagast, J., Reynolds, D.M., & Lackie, R.J. (2014, January 10). One minute promotional videos: meet the corner team. Breakout Session presented at the VALE / NJ ACRL / NJLA CUS Fifteenth Annual Users' Conference. Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ.
- Dalal, H.A. (2013, June 29). Making online training as effective as face to face. Poster presented at the American Library Association Annual Conference. Chicago, IL.
- Dalal, H.A. & Dokus, L.R. (2013, May 20). Writing performance objectives & developing assessment for instruction librarians. Workshop sponsored by ACRL-NJ and the VALE Shared Information Literacy Committee presented at Moore Library, Rider University.
- Dalal, H., Dawson, P., Jacobs, D., & Yang, S. Q. (2013, April 25). Making the most out of your database subscriptions: A SciFinder example. Webinar presented at Lyrasis Presenting Reference Webinar Series.
- Dalal, H. (2012, July 26). Is online instruction as effective as face to face? Poster presented at the VALE Assessment Fair. Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ.
- Richel, L. & Dalal, H. (2012, May 10). Writing performance objectives & developing assessment for instruction librarians. VALE Shared Information Literacy Committee. New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark NJ.
- Scharf, D. & Dalal, H.A. (2011, Jan. 5). Too few librarians, too many students—moving a successful information literacy program online." Breakout session presented at the VALE / NJ ACRL / NJLA CUS Twelfth Annual Users' Conference. Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ. January 5, 2011.
- Dalal, H.A. & Richel, L (2011, Jan 5). "The Systematic Design of Instruction for Librarians." Posted presented with Lynee Richel (County College of Morris) at the VALE / NJ ACRL / NJLA CUS Twelfth Annual Users' Conference. Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ. January 5, 2011.