Gerald D. Klein
Areas of Expertise
Interpersonal, team and management skills; career management and career management systems in organizations; organization culture, design and change.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Case Western Reserve University, Organizational Behavior
- Master of Business Administration, Harvard University, Organizational Behavior and Finance
- Bachelor’s of Science in Commerce, Drexel University, Finance
- Creating Cultures That Lead to Success: Lincoln Electric, Southwest Airlines, and SAS Institute. Organizational Dynamics.
- Student Disability and Experiential Education. Journal of Effective Teaching.
- Improving the Transfer of Learning: Influence Tactics. Journal of Business Cases and Applications.
- Peerless Electric & Gas: Interdepartmental Relations. Journal of Business Case Studies.
- Nemiro, J., Klein, G. , McGee, C., Beyerlein, M., & Gorman, N. (2006). Building Collaborative Work Systems: Lessons for Leaders , University of North Texas, Denton, Texas: Center for Collaborative Systems.
- Beyerlein, M., McGee C., Klein, G., Nemiro, J., & Broedling, L. (2003). The Collaborative Work Systems Fieldbook: Strategies, Tools and Techniques. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer.
Other Selected Publications
- The Transformation to Team Self-Management, Best Practices Handbook for Teams.
- Case Study: A Pay-for-Knowledge Compensation Program That Works. Compensation and Benefits Review.
- Employee-Centered Productivity and QWL (Quality of Work Life) Programs: Findings from an Area Study. National Productivity Review.
- Beyond EOE and Affirmative Action Programs: Working on the Integration of the Workplace. California Management Review.
Honors and Awards
- Rider University Award for Distinguished Teaching
- College of Business Administration Innovative Teaching Award
- Jesse H. Harper Professorship, College of Business, Rider University
- Davis Research Fellowships, College of Business, Rider University..
- Summer Developmental and Research Fellowships, Rider University.
- Sadie Zeigler–Bernice Gee Gender Studies Award, Rider University
- Invited Presenter and Panelist, Academic and Professional Conferences