- Doctor of Philosophy, 1994, University of Pittsburgh, Information Systems, Organizational Change
- Postgraduate diploma in Industrial Relations, 1986, XLRI, Janshedpur, India, Information Systems
- Bachelor’s of Arts, 1984, Nizam college, Hyderabad, India, Economics, Statistics
- Mathew, B. (2014). The Neoliberal Firm and Nested Subsumption: Labor Process Transformations in the NYC Taxi Industry. Urban Studies, Online, 25 pages.
- Mathew, B. (2010). Religion, Education and the Politics of Recognition: a Critique and a Counter-proposal. Comparative Education, 46 (3), 359-376.
- Mathew, B. (2010). "The Terror of the Aftermath", In Ram Puniyani and Shabnam Hashmi (Eds.) Mumbai Post 26/11: An Alternate Perspective. New Delhi, London: Sage.
- Mathew, B. (2010). "Conversations on the M60: Knowledge Production through Collective Ethnographies", In Aziz Choudhury and Dip Kapoor (Eds.) Learning from the Ground Up: Global Perspectives on Social Movements and Knowledge Production. New York: Palgrave McMillan.
Presentation of Refereed Papers
- Mathew, B. (2015, March). The Sharing Economy and the Taxi Industry: Neoliberalism After the 2008 Crisis. International Transportation Federation (Road Transport Section) Meeting, London, United Kingdom.
- Mathew, B. (2014, October). Labor Process Changes and the Loss of Worker Autonomy in the Neoliberal Firm. Arab Revolutions and the New Humanities Conference, University of Tunis El Manar and The National Library, Tunis, Tunisia.
- Mathew, B. (2014, October). Unions in Neoliberal Times: The Need for a New Paradigm. Conference on Unions in Post-Revolution Tunisia, Tunis, Tunisia.
- Mathew, B. (2014, February). Three Vectors in a Social Media Whitewash: The Hindu Right in the 2014 Indian General Election. Gujarat: Human Rights Violations, Impunity and the Indian General Elections, Special Public Seminar at the London School of Economics, London, United Kingdom.
- Mathew, B. (2012, March). A Flexible Subsumption of Labor: Transformations in the Labor Process in the NYC Taxi Industry. Urban Revolutions Conference, Tarumanagara University, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Mathew, B. (2014, August). Understanding Neoliberalism at the Level of the Firm: Lessons from the US Taxi Industry. Academy of Management, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Mathew, B. (2010, April). Space and Resistance in Orrisa: The POSCO SEZ. Resisting Enclosures Conference, CUNY Graduate Center, New York, New York.
- Mathew, B. (2015, November). Uber and the Future of Work: Neoliberalism in the Taxi Industry. Annual Zankel Lecture, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York.
- 2002: Sabbatical Paid Research Leave Rider University.
- 1999: Summer Exchange Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Center for South Asia.
- 1996: J.E. Harper Fellowship Rider University.
- 1995: Summer Research Fellowship Rider University.
- 1992: Doctoral Consortium ICIS, Dallas, TX and DSI, San Francisco, CA..