Rider University’s Center for the Development of Leadership Skills (CDLS), launched in the Fall of 2004, strives to develop the leadership capacities of the Rider community. By providing effective leadership training and quality programming, the CDLS complements and expands upon Rider’s tradition of producing tomorrow’s innovative leaders and confident professionals.
The CDLS supports the concept that true leadership occurs when we work together. The CDLS credo is:
- Leadership is a process, not a position or a set of personality traits. It can be learned.
- Opportunities to make a difference exist at all levels of organizations and society.
- Each of us is a leader or role model for someone.
- Ordinary people can become extraordinary leaders.
- None of us knows our true strength until challenged.
- It is our collective task to discover and liberate the leader within each of us.
Rider undergraduate students are encouraged to apply to the CDLS’s Leadership Development Program (LDP), a university-wide program that welcomes all majors. This academic, co-curricular, and experientially based program challenges students to not only learn about the theories and history of leadership, but to put their knowledge to use by participating in leadership skills workshops and holding leadership positions both on and off campus.
Oh behalf of John Farrell, Director, and Laura Seplaki, Associate Director, we look forward to exploring the ways in which we can assist you in your development as a leader! To find out more information about the CDLS and LDP, call or e-mail us at email@example.com.
| ||John J. Farrell|
Office: Sweigart Hall 249
Phone: (609) 895-7738
Fax: (609) 896-5304
| ||Laura Seplaki|
Associate Director, CDLS and Director, LDP
Office: Sweigart Hall 250
Phone: (609) 895-5791
Fax: (609) 896-5255