The Rider University International Pathways to Academic Success (iPAS) Program combines undergraduate university level credit bearing courses and intensive academic English training. The iPAS program provides the tools international students need to be successful both in the American classroom and culture through individual advising, mentoring, cultural assimilation and social activities.
- Small classes so you get personal attention
- Instructors with advanced degrees and years of teaching experience
- Innovative classroom technology
- The English Language Institute offers comprehensive support before coming to campus, including pre-arrival information, new student orientation, and immigration advisement
- Airport pick up
- Guaranteed on-campus housing (double rooms)
- Full access to University clubs, activities, resources and services, including the library, student recreation center and health services as well as specially designed workshops and social activities.
Curriculum | View Course Descriptions
Academic Reading and Writing
Academic Study, Research and Communication Skills
Advanced Listening and Speaking
6-7 undergraduate credits – courses chosen in consultation with an Academic Advisor
Number of Hours:
9 hours of intensive English and 6 to 7 undergraduate credits
- High school diploma or equivalent. High school students in their final semester may apply to Pathways before graduating from high school.
- Minimum high school GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0 scale).
- Minimum English Language Proficiency test score of TOEFL 71 or IELTS 6.0
Students who do not meet the minimum required English Proficiency for iPAS may enroll in the Intensive English Program
Start Dates: September and January