|Complete the Application
Apply using Rider's Online App:
English Language Institute (ELI)
Apply using the Common Application
Learn more about our Application Deadlines.
|Pay the Fee
||The $50 (U.S. dollars) application fee is non-refundable and may be paid online via credit card or by check.
- All checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Application fee waivers are not available for international applicants.
|Submit Your Transcript(s)
||Submit transcripts, mark sheets, and/or exam results from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended:
- Transcripts must have the official school seal.
- Transcripts must be translated to English.
- A listing of courses taken and grades received must be included.
- Photocopies of student copies are not accepted.
|Submit Evidence of English Language Proficiency
||Rider University requires that non-native English speakers submit evidence of English language proficiency by providing results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- This requirement is waived for students attending International schools. For freshman students, the SAT I exam will then be required. For more information, e-mail the admissions office.
- Rider University’s TOEFL Code: 2758
- Minimum Scores
TOEFL iBT: 80
TOEFL PBT: 550
- Students with scores below the university's minimum requirements will be considered for conditional admission through Rider's English Language Institute.
||Official results of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT 1) or ACT exam are required of students attending International schools, and strongly recommended of all others.
- Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. Student score reports are not accepted.
- You are not required to submit SAT I or ACT scores if you have been out of high school 1+ years.
- The SAT Critical Reading /Math scores and ACT Composite scores are used for admission and scholarship consideration.
- Results of the Writing section on both the SAT and ACT are used for course placement.
- Rider University's codes:
SAT I: 2758 (For more information, visit collegeboard.org)
ACT: 2590 (For more information, visit actstudent.org)
- If your previous institution was outside the United States, you may be required to have a course-by-course evaluation of your credits by any credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). View a list of members.
|Transfer students only
||All international transfer students must submit:
- Official post-secondary school transcripts and/or attested marksheets from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Translations into English of all transcripts
- Photocopies are not accepted.
- If your previous institution was outside the United States, you will be required to have a course-by-course evaluation of your credits by any credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). View a list of members.
||Submit one of the essay topics requested in the application.
|Submit letter of recommendation
||Submit 1 letter of recommendation.
||Required for Westminster College of the Arts applicants only.
Program specific information and dates of campus auditions, scholarship competitions and regional auditions can be found in the auditions section.
||Submit copies of all previous visas and/or I-20's processed and used in the United States, if applicable. Students planning to hold an F-1 Student Visa must also submit:
- International Student Supplement, completed by the student, all sponsors, and banks as indicated.
- Supporting financial documentation (ie. bank statements on bank letterhead, letter of employment/salary, etc.). This information must document proof of available funds for one year of study at Rider. For details about this requirement, please view the International Student Supplement.
|Costs & Financial Aid
||For information about costs, please visit Tuition and Fees for Undergraduate Study.
Internationals students may qualify for merit-based scholarships & grants.