Steps to Apply: Graduate International
You are an international student if:
- You are a graduate student who plans to study at Rider while on a visa
Complete the Application
Complete the application for graduate study online or fill out a paper application.
Pay the Fee
The $50 (U.S. dollars) application fee is non-refundable and may be paid online via credit card or by check.
- All checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Application fee waivers are not available for international applicants.
Submit Your Academic Record
Submit official transcripts, mark sheets, graduation certificates, degree certificates and/or exam results from all colleges and universities attended.
- Transcripts must have the official school seal and be translated to English.
- Photocopies are only accepted when attested by the college or university.
- A listing of courses taken and grades received must be included.
- If your previous institution was outside the United States, you will be required to have a course-by-course evaluation of your credits by any credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). View a list of members.
Applicants for all graduate programs must hold a bachelor’s degree (in any major) from an accredited college or university. An applicant must have completed sixteen (16) years of formal education. Our graduate programs do not consider post-graduate diplomas (without previous Bachelor's degree) or membership in professional institutes as qualifications for entry into a graduate program.
Submit Evidence of English Language Proficiency
Rider University requires that non-native English speakers submit evidence of English language proficiency by providing official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- This requirement is waived for students who have completed previous degree programs in the United States.
- Rider University’s TOEFL Code: 2758
- Minimum Scores
- TOEFL iBT: 80
- TOEFL PBT: 550
- IELTS: 6.5
- Students with scores below the university's minimum requirements will be considered for conditional admission through Rider's English Language Institute.
Submit personal statement
Graduate Business, Education and Liberal Arts applicants: Please provide a detailed, carefully written statement, which indicates your reasons for pursuing graduate study in the area selected. Include your professional goals and expectations from the program. This statement of your aims and objectives will be used as part of the evaluation of your acceptance into the graduate program you have selected. (500 word minimum)
Graduate Westminster Choir College applicants: Each graduate applicant is asked to write a substantial essay of 500 words unless otherwise specified in the audition/admission requirements.
Submit a current résumé.
Graduate Business Applicants
Submit official notification of GMAT or GRE scores. Please use the following codes to submit scores to Rider University:
Q5P-Q7-82 MBA, Full Time
Q5P-Q7-99 MBA, Part Time (not available to F-1 or J-1 student-visa holders)
Q5P-Q7-93 Master of Accountancy
Graduate Education, Counseling, and Leadership Applicants
Submit additional requirements, by program.
- Please note that the Graduate Level Teacher Certification program is not available to F-1 Student Visa Holders. Other visa holders should contact the NJ State Department of Teacher Licensure directly to ensure that they would be eligible for student teaching and state certification.
- Some programs require that applicants hold a current teaching certificate.
- Please contact the Office of Graduate Admission with any questions regarding your eligibility.
Graduate Liberal Arts Applicants
M.A. Applied Psychology Applicants:
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal interview (by invitation, following an initial screening by the Admission Office)
Graduate Westminster Choir College Applicants
Submit copies of all previous visas and/or I-20's processed and used in the United States, if applicable.
Students planning to hold an F-1 Student Visa must also submit:
- The appropriate International Student Supplement, completed by the student, all sponsors, and banks as indicated
- Supporting financial documentation (ie. bank statements on bank letterhead, letter of employment/salary, etc.). This information must document proof of available funds for one year of study at Rider. For details about this requirement, please view the International Student Supplement.
Costs, Scholarships and Graduate Assistantships
For information about costs and graduate assistantships, please visit Annual Tuition and Fees – Graduate Study.
Some graduate programs offer limited partial scholarships to qualified applicants. No additional scholarship application is required; applicants for admission are automatically considered for available scholarships.
Mailing Address (Graduate Business, Education, Liberal Arts, Counseling, and Leadership Applicants):
Office of Graduate Admission
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA 08648-3099
Mailing Address (Graduate Westminster Choir College Applicants):
Office of Admission
Westminster Application Processing Center
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-9943