Graduate Admission FAQs

1. How do I apply?
Students must submit an Application for Graduate Admission, including a $50 non-refundable application fee.

For other requirement for each program, please refer to the Admission Process and Requirements section.
International students: Please visit our International Admission web site to learn more about our requirements for international students.

2. What are the application due dates?

  • Graduate Business programs: August 1 for fall, December 1 for spring, May 1 for summer.
  • Graduate Education and Human Services programs (except the Ed.S. in School Psychology and M.A. in Counseling Services): August 1 for fall, November 1 for spring, May 1 for summer.
  • Admission to the M.A. in Counseling Services occurs during the fall and spring semesters.
    Applications must be received by April 1 for fall and October 1 for spring for optimal consideration.
  • Admission to the Ed.S. in School Psychology occurs only for the fall semester. Applications must be received by February 1 for optimal consideration.

International students: Please visit our International Admission web site to learn more about our deadlines and requirements for international students. Note: deadlines are signficantly earlier!

3. How can I receive more information about graduate entrance exams?

Graduate Management Admission Test® (GMAT®)
(609) 771-7330
(800) GMAT-NOW

General Record Examinations® (GRE®)
(609) 771-7670
(800) GRE-CALL

The Praxis Series: Professional Assessments for Beginning Teachers®
(609) 771-7395

Test of English as a Foreign Language™ (TOEFL®)
(609) 771-7100
(800) GO-TOEFL

Miller Analogies Test® (MAT®)
(210) 921-8802
(800) 622-3231


4. What is the cost to attend Rider University? Does Rider offer financial assistance?
Click here for up-to-date information regarding Tuition and Fees.

If you are a US citizen/resident and you are planning to apply for a student loan, you must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is located on-line and can be accessed at Questions about financial aid may be directed to the Office of Office of Financial Aid at 800-257-9026 or 609-896-5360.

A limited number of Graduate Assistantships are available for graduate students.

Students may subscribe to the deferred payment plan that provides for three equal payments of tuition for the fall and spring semesters. A deferred payment fee is added to the student’s account payable at the time of registration for the deferred payment plan. Information about account balances and payment options may be directed to the Bursar’s office at 609-896-5020.

5. How long can I take to complete my degree?
All of the requirements for graduate degrees must be completed within six (6) years of the date of first registration in graduate course work.

6. How many credits can I take as a graduate student?

A full-time program consists of nine (9) or more semester hours of graduate course work. Part-time students who are employed full-time will generally be limited to six semester hours of graduate work in a given semester. During the evening summer session, the recommended course load is one-half that of a regular semester. During the six-week day summer session for courses offered by the Department of Graduate Education and Human services, nine (9) semester hours of work is the maximum load with six (6) semester hours recommended.


If you have additional questions contact us:

Office of Graduate Admission
Rider University
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 896-5036