New Graduate Student Resources

Following are your next steps.

Remember the Office of Graduate Admission is here to help.
Call us at 609-896-5036 if you need assistance.

Register for classes

For Business
You can register for your first semester classes, by calling the CBA at 609-895-5557, or by completing the registration form you received in your acceptance packet.  You should register early to ensure the best selection of classes

For Education and Liberal Arts and Sciences
You can register for your first semester classes, by calling the Office of Graduate admission at 609-896-5036, or by completing the registration form you received in your acceptance packet.  You should register early to ensure the best selection of classes.

For Westminster Choir College
WCC Graduate students will register for classes after completing placement testing and orientation.  All new Westminster Choir College graduate students will be contacted shortly with information regarding orientation and placement testing.  Call 1-800-962-4647 with questions.

EasyPass account
EasyPass allows students to access multiple electronic services provided to the Rider community, such as:

  • Library databases, 
  • Blackboard, 
  • Printing, and 
  • e-support for students. 

Your EasyPass username is the same as your Rider e-mail username

  • New students will use their Bronc ID number plus the four-digit MMDD of their date of birth as their default password.  For example, if the Bronc ID is 001234567 and the date of birth is September 1, 1975, the default password will be 0012345670901.  You may change the password.
  • Need Help?  If you cannot remember your password and would like to reset it, or have a question about technology services, you may call the Office of Information Technology (OIT) Help Desk at 609-219-3000.  You may change your e-mail password at

E-mail account
All Rider students are provided with a Rider e-mail address that must be used for all Rider academic e-mail correspondence.  Your User Name is your Rider e-mail account name without the ""; your Password is the same as your EasyPass password.  If you don't know your UserName, you can look it up at

New address or phone number 
For Graduate Business Students Only
Please notify the Department of Graduate Business Studies via fax (609-896-5255) of the change so we may update your student record. A confirming message that a fax has been sent can be left at 609-896-5127.

New Student Reception
Approximately one week before the start of classes, you will receive an invitation to Rider University’s new graduate student reception. At this reception, you will be able to obtain your student ID and parking decal and purchase books for your classes. If you would like to complete these tasks prior to the reception, please follow the steps below.

Vehicle Registration & Parking
All vehicles must be registered with the Safety and Security Department. If you registered your vehicle during an earlier registration period, the decals that you received are still valid and will remain so for your entire academic program. Therefore, registering your vehicle is not necessary unless you have changed vehicles since your last registration or have a new license plate. If your vehicle registration information has changed or if you are attending Rider’s Department of Graduate Business Studies program for the first time, you may secure new Rider decals by going to the Safety & Security office (General Services building) at any time during the day or night.  The office is open seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. Be prepared to show your state vehicle registration form, your driver’s license, and your insurance card.  Parking for students is permitted in the lot in front of the Bart Luedeke Center (Student Center).

Photo IDs
If you are a new student or if you have lost your student ID and need a replacement card issued, contact Greg Hanf, Residence Life manager, at (609) 896-5234 to obtain your photo ID.  If you lose your ID, please note that there is a $30 replacement fee charged to have a new photo taken for a replacement card.

Graduate Assistantships
If you are interested in a graduate assistantship, please visit the student employment Web site.

For Westminster Choir College Graduate Students, please visit: Westminster Choir College Graduate Assistantships.