How to Apply as an Adult (Continuing Studies) Student

Before you apply, it is important to read about our different programs and requirements. We offer a variety of associate and bachelor degree programs as well as post-baccalaureate and certificate programs.  If you are not sure which major is right for you but want to get started, apply as a non-matriculated student. If you are visiting from another institution, please fill-out our visiting student application.

See the list below to find the specific information required for admission. If you have questions, feel free to call the Office of Admission at 609-896-5036 or e-mail at

Steps to Apply

  1. Complete the College of Continuing Studies application online or fill out a paper application.

  2. Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee. If you are applying online, you may pay via credit card. All checks should be made out to Rider University and should include the student’s name and phone number.

  3. Submit official transcripts from every college or university attended unless you are applying for non-matriculated status (not seeking a degree or certificate).  Degree-seeking candidates with fewer than 30 college credits should also submit an official high school transcript or copy of your GED certificate.

Application Deadlines

We review applications on a rolling admission basis, but priority review is given to applications submitted by the following deadlines:

Spring 2015 EntrySummer 2015 EntryFall 2015 Entry
Nov. 1May 1Aug. 1

Admissions Mailing Address

Rider University
Office of Admission
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA 08648-3099


Additional Entrance Requirements

RN to BSN Students

- Copies of current / unrestricted license.

- Successful completion of background check.

Post-Baccalaureate Pre-medical, Pre-dental and Pre-veterinary Certificate Programs

- Statement of aims and objectives.