Bibliography and Citation Tools
Formatting and Documentation Guides:
- NoodleTools: "Generate, edit, and publish an MLA Works Cited list, APA References list, or Chicago Bibliography list that complies with the rules of the current MLA Handbook, APA Publication Manual, and Chicago Manual. NoodleTools takes care of punctuation, alphabetization and formatting, producing a polished source list for import into Word."
- APA from the Purdue University Online Writing Lab.
- MLA from the Purdue University Online Writing Lab.
- Chicago Manual of Style Citation Guide from The Ohio University Libraries.
- Basic Legal Citation (LII 2007 ed.) from the Legal Information Institute at Cornell University.
The print copies of the manuals can be found in the University Libraries at:
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition (2010), is available in the Reference areas of Moore Library and Talbott Library. (Call number: REF BF76.7.P83 2010).
- MLA Handbook, 8th edition (2016) is available at the Moore Library, Reference Room (Call number: REF LB2369 .G53 2016) .
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition (2010) is available at the Moore Library, Reference Room. (Call number: REF Z253.U69 2010).
Other Formatting and Documentation Resources:
- Schwartz Memorial Library at Long Island University's Citation Style for Research Papers
- Research and Documenting Sources from the Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- APA Style Website
- MLA Style Center: Writing Resources from the Modern Language Association
- The Chicago Manual of Style Website
- The Digital Object Identifier (DOI®) System