High School Music Theatre Workshop
July 17 - 31, 2016
This summer, Westminster Music Theatre Workshop welcomes Director Luis Villabon. Mr. Villabon brings over 20 years of professional acting and choreography experience. A partial list of his acting credits include:
New York: A Chorus Line, Peter Pan, Barcode, Super Soldier, The Curse of Batvia, Cooper Savage, The Fate of Orpheus
First National Tours: Jesus Christ Superstar, Seussical The Musical
Regional Credits: The Lion In Winter, A Midsummer Night's Dream, On Golden Pond, West Side Story, Crazy For You
Film/TV Credits: The Wolf of Wall Street, Julie & Julia, 30 Rock
Luis has also enjoyed a career as a choreographer. He has choreographed productions of Annie, Evita, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Little Shop of Horrors, Closer Than Ever, Into The Woods, and was Baayork Lee's Assistant Choreographer for the European Tour of Jesus Christ Superstar and A New Brain. Luis was Paula Abdul's Assistant Choreographer for the New York premiere of Reefer Madness and Sony pictures Master of Disguise.
- Work in a master class with a special Broadway artist. Past stars include Adam Jacobs, currently starring as Aladdin on Broadway and Russell Fischer from Jersey Boys. This year, Clyde Alves from On The Town will conduct the master class.
- Travel to New York City to see a Broadway musical
- Study acting (including scene study and audition techniques)
- Learn contemporary commercial singing techniques
- Dance in movement classes
- Perform in the Musical Theater Showcase Revue
- Perform in a concert version of Into The Woods
Faculty and Instructors
- Marianne Cook - Vocal Teacher; Associate Professor Westminster College of the Arts at Rider University
- Ivan Fuller - Fight Choreography; Professor, Chair of the Theatre, Musical Theater & Dance Department, and Associate Dean of the School of Fine & Performing Arts at Rider University
- Robin Lewis - Dance Masterclass; Assistant Professor Westminster College of the Arts at Rider University
- Louis Goldberg - Musical Director; Adjunct Assistant Professor Westminster College of the Arts at Rider University
- Michelle Bruckner, Choreographer
- Classes in acting, choreography and voice
- Ensemble vocal rehearsals, individual coaching
- Blocking rehearsals
- Final Concert
$1850 (includes room and board)
- Two or more programs - $100 discount off each program
- Family discount - Families sending more than one student receive a $100 discount per program
For high school singers, actors, dancers and music theatre pianists ages 14-18. Enrollment is limited; applicants are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis; and acceptance is based on available space in each voice part. Please list all voice parts you are willing to sing (mark first and second choices, if appropriate). Students must participate in both weeks of the program.
This is a residential program on Rider University's Lawrenceville campus and students must participate in both weeks. Students are accepted based on recommendations from their teacher.
Westminster Office of Continuing Education