Middle School Piano Camp
The Middle School Piano Camp, now in its 15th year, offers young musicians the wonderful opportunity to develop their technical and artistic piano skills while immersed in a nurturing and musically rich environment. Our experienced faculty, led by program director Lillian Livingston, will guide students as they learn effective piano practice strategies, music history, memorization techniques, composition, and much more. The week culminates in two final concerts (family and friends are welcome to attend), where students present their newly created piano compositions and perform solo/ensemble repertoire.
June 26 - July 1, 2016
Watch us on YouTube!
- Study with Westminster piano faculty member, Lillian Livingston
- Additional staff includes: Teresa Lim, Heather Atagan, David Zas, Alynn Laudenslager, Danielle Ingram, and Carmen Mateiescu
- Daily lessons, master classes, and ensemble coaching
- Learn helpful techniques for practicing, memorizing, stage presence, and performance anxiety
- Thursday evening recital featuring compositions created during the week
- Final recital on Friday afternoon featuring solo and ensemble music polished during the week
- Enjoy structured, supervised evening activities, including a movie night, dessert social, and team building games
- Morning: Group classes in performance technique and composer of the year. Master classes in solo repertoire.
- Afternoon: Theory/composition and movement classes, ensemble rehearsals.
- Evening: Supervised practice sessions on solo and ensemble repertoire. Fun group activities that teach performance etiquette and stylistic interpretation.
- Final Concert
$995 (residential option, includes room and board)
$795 (commuter option, arrive by 8:30 a.m. and depart at 9 p.m.)
- Two or more programs - $100 discount off each program
- Family discount - Families sending more than one student receive a $100 discount per program
- Scholarships available for select students. Contact the Office of Continuing Education for more information. 609-924-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollment is open to students entering 6th through 9th grades. Enrollment is limited to 24 students.
Westminster Office of Continuing Education