Operatic Coach/Accompanying Program
Pianists will learn from some of opera's most skilled collaborators at CoOPERAtive.
The profession demands broad knowledge, sharpened skills, and maximum flexibility, and CoOPERAtive has the expert mentoring you need.
"I am very impressed with the comprehensive training CoOPERAtive offers. No facet of the art or the business of singing is overlooked. For pianists, in-depth study of playing arias convincingly, of synchronizing with a singer, of following a conductor-all these are covered, and in a thoroughly professional but friendly, safe atmosphere." Martin Katz
- Train with world class faculty in classes and private lessons
- Work with conductors on the art of playing an operatic aria
- Perform in regularly scheduled concerts
- Accompany for stage director in dramatic private coachings and classes
- Prepare arias for future auditions
- Collaborate on relevant repertoire with a high level of young professional singer
- Discover what are the expected skills as a pianist and collaborator
- Martin Katz – Artist in Residence
- Kathleen Kelly – Washington Opera
- Susan Ashbaker – Opera Consultant
- Pierre Vallet - Metropolitan Opera
- Anthony Manoli – Washington Opera