How to Register
New Student Registration
Open registration for new students begins on June 13, 2016. The fall semester begins on September 12, 2016. Students may register at any time in the academic year. Once a student is scheduled with a teacher, lessons or classes will be pro-rated for the remainder of the year and the student will receive a bill for the pro-rated number of lessons.
- Complete the Registration Form (one form per student; form may be duplicated)
- Be sure to list specific class time or widest availability for private lessons.
- To facilitate placement for private lessons, it is recommended that students complete the Student Profile Form, and submit it with the registration form.
- Sign the registration form (required), indicating that you understand and accept the Conservatory’s policies as outlined in this catalog and on the website.
- Return the forms by mail, by fax, online, or in person with the non-refundable $40 family registration fee and the appropriate tuition deposit (see below).
- Open registration for fall lessons and classes begins June 12, 2017!
Please note: We cannot take registration over the phone or confirm lessons for unregistered students. Students will be notified of their lesson/class time by telephone or by mail once the best placement for the student has been determined.
Payment Due With Registration Form
$40 non-refundable registration fee per family
Plus tuition deposit:
- Private lessons (30 minutes): $150 per student per instrument
- Private lessons (45 minutes): $200 per student per instrument
- Private lessons (60 minutes): $250 per student per instrument
- Classes: $75 per student per class
- Performing Ensembles: $75 per student per ensemble
- Young Artist: $500 per student (non-refundable)
- Young Musician: $500 per student (non-refundable)
- Young Music Scholar: $150 per student
Families who register for 4 or more Conservatory offerings receive a 5 percent discount off their tuition.
Senior Citizen Discount
Senior citizens (age 60 and older) receive a 15 percent discount off their tuition.
Rider University discount
Rider University students, faculty, and staff (including family members) receive a 20 percent discount off their tuition. In addition, the $40 registration fee is waived.
- A 1.5% finance charge is applied monthly to unpaid balances. There will be a $30 charge for all returned checks.
- Payments may be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express either by mail, in person, by telephone, or online at www.rider.edu/conservatory.