For over half a century the Theatre department at Rider University has had a rich tradition in educating students and preparing them for all aspects of a life in theater. Exciting courses, inspirational and motivating faculty, abundant theater facilities, and a strong arts community all come together to give Theatre students at Rider a personalized and challenging education.
- Six productions each year give students a wide variety of experiences and opportunities
- Course work includes the study of Hagen, Meisner, Adler, Alexander and Chekov techniques, as well as specialized study in voice, movement, script analysis, history, directing and Shakespeare.
- A professionally active faculty whose backgrounds include directing and design experience nationwide; acting on Broadway, with national tours and regional theater companies, on film and screen, as well as commercial and voice-over work.
- State of the art facilities include:
- The Yvonne Theater
- The Spitz Studio Theater
- Bart Luedeke Center Theater
As a Theatre major at Rider, students have the choice of pursuing a Performance focus or a Theatre Studies focus. Performance majors receive rich training in preparation for pursuing a career as a professional actor. Theatre Studies majors use their degree to pursue careers as: directors, theatre scholars, stage managers, dramaturgs and designers.
The 2015-2016 theatre season includes productions of The Penelopiad, Ubu Roi and Gallathea, as well as the new play festival. Musical theatre productions are Catch Me if you Can, A Little Night Music and Spring Awakening, as well as the fall and spring cabarets.
Alpha Psi Omega- coed fine arts society - National Site
An honorary theatre fraternity that supports the main stage theatre seasons, hosts social events for students and brings in professional artists for master classes.
Advisor: Trent Blanton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos of recent productions