"I ended feeling like I have grown so much in just two weeks, and I'm amazed and grateful for this chance to experience this camp."
"This camp strengthens a person as both a musician and person. It makes me want to be better and to inspire others to do the same."
"This camp rocks. Doors have been opened so much for me. Thank you."
- Vocal Institute 2012 students
July 6 - July 19, 2014
Under the direction of choral conductor and clinician, Amanda Quist, the two-week Vocal Institute at Westminster draws 100 students from across the country and around the world.
Download the Vocal Institute Flyer
$1850 (includes room and board)
- Two or more programs - $100 discount off each program
- Family discount - Families sending more than one student receive a $100 discount per program
Enrollment is open to students entering the 10th grade through those who have just completed their senior year. There is no audition or application deadline for this program, however it is advisable to register early to reserve your place in this popular program.
- Focus on college-level choral singing of major choral repertoire
- Daily voice classes with Westminster artist faculty
- Audition to perform in the Chamber Choir, or Women’s Chorus or Men's Chorus
- Solo vocal training in classical performance and musical theater classes
- Opportunities for private lessons (
- Elective classesin Voice Performance or Choral Conducting
- Perform in the final voice class recital and a choral concert. Click here for Final Concert dates and times
- Perform in a shared concert with Joe Miller, orchestra and adult choir
- Morning: Choral rehearsal, sectionals and movement classes
- Afternoon: Select ensembles, choral rehearsal, elective classes and theory/sight-reading
- Evening: Special activities
- Beginning Piano
- Music Theater
Guest faculty includes:
- Joe Miller, Director of the Westminster Choir and Westminster Symphonic Choir
- Ryan Brandau (Westminster Choir College)
- Dirk Garner
- Mitos Andaya (Temple University)
- John Russell (Albion College)
Visit the Middle School Vocal Institute page
Westminster Office of Continuing Education