Now in its 16th year, this workshop offers the serious young pianist an enriching and inspiring musical experience, exposing each participant to the artistic and practical aspects of solo performance.
When is this program offered?
June 22 - June 27, 2014
Applicants are required to audition by DVD. Please mark your DVD clearly with your name and repertoire selections. If you cannot produce a DVD, you may submit a YouTube video link. Applicants are required to provide the following:
- A work by J.S. Bach
- One movement of a sonata by Haydn, Mozart or Beethoven
- A 19th-, 20th- or 21st-century piece
- Early Acceptance Deadline: DVD's should be postmarked Friday, March 1, 2013
Online registration available soon. To register, call the office at 609-924-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org
$995 (includes room and board)
- Two or more programs - $100 discount off each program
- Family discount - Families sending more than one student receive a $100 discount per program
Enrollment is open to high school students entering the 9th grade through those who have just completed their senior year. Enrollment is limited to 12-15 pianists.
- Daily private lessons, studio classes and lectures with Westminster artist faculty, Ena Bronstein Barton, James Goldsworthy and Phyllis Alpert Lehrer
- Learn effective techniques for dealing with performance anxiety and memorization
- Attend a seminar in applying and auditioning for colleges of music
- Perform in the final High School Solo Pianist recital
- Meet and develop long-term friendships with others passionate about the piano and music
- Private lessons, classes in piano literature, tai chi or yoga, technique, style and performance
- Selected presentations or discussions in auditioning techniques, applying to colleges of music, careers in music and giving recitals
- Final Concert
Download the Summer Piano Flyer
Westminster Office of Continuing Education