Now in its 17th year, this workshop offers the serious young pianist an enriching and inspiring musical experience, exposing each participant to the artistic and practical aspects of solo performance.
June 21 - June 26, 2015
- Daily private lessons, studio classes and lectures with Westminster artist faculty, Ena Bronstein Barton, James Goldsworthy and Phyllis Alpert Lehrer
- Learn effective techniques for dealing with performance anxiety and memorization
- Attend a seminar in applying and auditioning for colleges of music
- Perform in the final High School Solo Pianist recital
- Meet and develop long-term friendships with others passionate about the piano and music
- Private lessons, classes in piano literature, morning music and movement class, technique, style and performance
- Selected presentations or discussions in auditioning techniques, applying to colleges of music, careers in music and giving recitals
- Final Concert
First-time applicants are required to audition preferably via YouTube link (DVD will also be accepted see beow). First-time applicants are required to provide the following (returning students, please see below):
- A work by J.S. Bach
- One movement of a sonata by Haydn, Mozart or Beethoven
- A 19th-, 20th- or 21st-century piece
- At least one of the above pieces must be performed from memory, preferably two and ideally, all three
- Early Application Deadline: Friday, March 6, 2015 (DVD's should be postmarked March 6, 2015)
- Final decisions will be made and communicated by March 31, 2015
Requirements for Admission
First-time applicants need to submit a letter of recommendation, a personal statement (regarding their interest in this program and/or their passion for piano study), a repertoire list, and video recording (preferably via YouTube link, DVD is also accepted providing the DVD is clearly marked with the students name).
Returning students only need the personal statement and a current repertoire list.
$995 (includes room and board). Tuition due upon acceptance into the program.
- Two or more programs - $100 discount off each program
- Family discount - Families sending more than one student receive a $100 discount per program
Enrollment is open to high school students entering the 9th grade through those who have just completed their senior year. Enrollment is limited to 12-15 pianists.
General Summer Camp Information
Westminster Office of Continuing Education