Facebook! "Like" the Westminster Summer Camp Facebook Fan Page!
Summer Camp/Workshop Information
What to Bring
- A box fan (or two) - Residence Halls are not air-conditioned
- Bed sheets for a twin bed (extra long)
- Two (2) large bath towels
- Power strip
- Alarm clock
- Bug spray for mosquitoes
- Sun block
- Beach towel (for yoga class)
- Laundry detergent and softener (We do offer access to free washers and dryers)
- Shower shoes (flip flops)
- Spending money (optional) (Campers are welcome to purchase items at our bookstore (food, music, sweatshirts, etc.), and weather permitting, campers may be escorted downtown for ice cream where there are many different shops.)
Cell Phone Policy
Westminster Summer Arts is a busy program with intense schedules that is best experienced without the distraction of cell phones. We recommend leaving cell phones at home if they are not needed while traveling. Students who have phones will only be able to use them on a limited basis – NOT during class or rehearsal time, but during meal or free time. Public telephones are available on campus in the Library and Student Center. In the event of an emergency, Westminster Summer Arts staff will provide telephone access to students. In the event of an emergency at home, parents can reach students from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. by calling at 609-924-7416. In the event of an emergency at home outside of our office hours, contact the Westminster Office of Public Safety at 609-896-5029 (24 hrs.).
Summer casual clothing
Light clothing because of warm weather
A sweater or sweatshirt (in case the classroom air conditioning is too cold)
Ladies - Summer dress or skirt and blouse, and low-heeled dress shoe for final concert(s)
Gentlemen - Dress pants, dress shoes, light colored dress shirt and a tie for final concert(s)
*Some camps require different clothing; please refer to individual camps sections on our website for a list of these requirements.
If you have not done so already, please make sure you fill out all of the camper forms and send them to our Office. Our address is listed below. It is very important we receive these forms in advance of Check-In day. Forms may be found on our website.
Required Forms Check List:
- Medical Form
- Rules and Regulations
- Two (2) Passport-Size Photos (for nametag)
- Off Campus Permission Form
Residence Halls & Lodging
- Male and female students are housed in separate residence halls.
- Trained college counselors supervise all residence halls and chaperone students during the program.
- Lodging and dining are provided in traditional college atmosphere.
- Residence halls are equipped with double and triple rooms with bathrooms on each floor.
- Residence halls are not air-conditioned and bed linens and towels are not included.
- Roommate requests may be accommodated but are not guaranteed. Both parties must indicate roommate requests with their applications. We cannot accept requests after June 1st.
After they are accepted, students will receive an information packet with details for arrival; etc. Upon arrival on campus, students will be assigned to a residence hall and receive schedules and other pertinent information. This information cannot be given out over the phone prior to the start of the program.
Check-in for all camps is on Sunday from 3-5 p.m. EST.
Special Travel Arrangements
Special arrangements for travel must be communicated in writing to the Westminster Office of Continuing Education at least two weeks prior to the beginning of camp. We understand that sometimes travel plans cannot coincide with the times for check-in/check-out. If a student must arrive a day early and/or leave a day later, please call the Office of Continuing Education to make special arrangements. While we do not encourage early arrivals or late departures, counselors are on campus, and we will do our best to accommodate you. We are unable to permit students to arrive after the first class has begun.
We recommend flying into Newark International Airport in Newark, New Jersey. To get to Princeton from Newark International Airport, you may make a reservation with the State Olympic Airporter 1-800-822-9797 (from inside the U.S.); 1-732-938-6666 (from outside the U.S.). The normal delivery point for the Airporter is Westminster Choir College or the Holiday Inn in Princeton, NJ. Reserve online.
Hotel and local information
Your child may not stay at the hotel with you and you may not take them off campus.