In response to requests for a program for younger pianists, Westminster is pleased to offer the Middle School Piano Camp. Now in its 12th year, this residential program offers young musicians the opportunity to develop their playing skills, learn more about the fundamentals of music theory, composition and history, and share in the joy of making music together. Participants will be coached in solo and ensemble repertoire in master classes and supervised practice sessions. All students will participate in a composition recital as well as a joint solo and ensemble concert.
Download the Summer Piano Flyer
When is this program offered?
July 6 - July 11, 2014
Register Online Now!
$995 (residential option, includes room and board)
$795 (commuter option, arrive by 8:30 a.m. and depart at 9 p.m.)
- Two or more programs - $100 discount off each program
- Family discount - Families sending more than one student receive a $100 discount per program
- Scholarships available for select students. Contact the Office of Continuing Education for more information. 609-924-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollment is open to students entering 6th through 9th grades. Enrollment is limited to 24 students.
Watch us on YouTube!
- Study with Westminster faculty members: Lillian Livingston, Miriam Eley and Teresa Lim
- Support staff includes: Heather Atagan, Matthew LaPine, and David Zas
- Attend classes in music appreciation, movement, composition, theory and music history
- Learn helpful techniques for practicing, memorizing and the art of performing
- Thursday evening recital featuring compositions created during the week
- Perform in the final recital on Friday afternoon featuring solo and ensemble music learned during the week. (Parents, families and friends are invited to attend both recitals)
- Enjoy structured supervised evening social activities
- Morning: Group classes in performance technique, memory skills, and composer of the year. Master classes in solo repertoire.
- Afternoon: Theory and composition classes, ensemble rehearsals and eurythmics classes. Group classes in music history and practice techniques.
- Evening: Supervised practice sessions on solo and ensemble repertoire. Fun and creative group activities that teach performance etiquette and the experience and interpretation of music.
- Final Concert
Westminster Office of Continuing Education