Kodály Certification Program Levels I and II
Our Westminster Choir College Kodály levels provide unique experiences that support music educators in planning for an enacting practices relevant to K-12 educators.
July 20-31, 2015
Join us for two weeks of music making, pedagogical thinking, personal growth, collaboration, and fun!
In this program, educators will:
- Integrate traditional Kodály pedagogy with 21st century educational approaches that are student-centered and promote musical engagement and thinking outside of the classroom
- Experience a range of music including folk music from various cultures, popular music, singing games, and choral repertoire
- Develop vibrant lessons that promote students’ musicianship skills while incorporating broad musical styles/genres, technology, and creative thinking practices
- Complete assignments individually and in small groups, drawing from the rich knowledge of other participants in the course as well as the instructors
- Improve personal musicianship and conducting skills
- Sing in a combined choir of all levels with a highly accomplished, well-known choral director
- Socialize with other teachers—both local and from across the county—to form strong professional relationships and friendships
- All classes are held on the Westminster Choir College campus in Princeton, NJ from 8:00am - 4:45pm. Pedagogy and folk song classes will be held in the new Marion Buckelew Cullen Center
$1,200 non-credit/$2,085 with 3 graduate credits
Housing and Accomodations:
Students of the program stay in air conditioned dorms on the Westminster Choir College campus. Many wonderul food options are within walking distance. For more information on housing and programs at Westminster, visit the General Summer Program Information page.
Westminster Office of Continuing Education
Join our mailing list!