Most classes meet from Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. with an hour for lunch for a total of 30 hours per week unless otherwise indicated in the course description. Classes that have limited enrollment are so indicated at the end of the course description. Westminster reserves the right to limit the size of the class due to room restrictions or to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment. Decisions regarding course cancelations will be made two weeks prior to the first day of the course.
Participant check-in takes place in the Student Center Foyer. Please note the schedule for check-in:
For workshops beginning on Sundays:
- All participants should check in between 3 - 5 p.m.
For workshops beginning on Mondays:
- Participants who are staying on campus may check in between 3 - 5 p.m. on Sunday preceding each course. If travel plans necessitate arriving earlier or later than the stated times, please contact the Westminster Office of Continuing Education so arrangements may be made.
- Participants staying off-campus may check in Monday morning, before the start of the workshop, between 8 - 8:45 a.m.
Westminster & Rider Alumni Discounts
Westminster and Rider University alumni are entitled to a $100 (per workshop) discount on Summer Session workshops. To qualify, check the “Westminster Graduate” or "Rider Graduate" box on the Summer Session application.
- 50% tuition must be paid by March 15. Full tuition must be paid by May 15. There will be a $50 late fee for all outstanding balances after May 15. Full tuition must accompany applications submitted after May 15. We are unable to hold a place for students whose accounts have not been paid by the date due.
- Payments can be made in the form of credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express). They can be made online on our Online Secure Payment Form or by calling our office at 609-896-5033 during office hours of 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Payments can also be made in the form of check or money orders payable in U.S. funds to Rider University.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for your payment to be process. You will receive an email confirmation with an attached invoice when your payment is processed.
- Questions regarding payment should be addressed to the Office of Continuing Education (609-924-7416).
Course Cancelation/Checking the Status of a Course
All courses are subject to cancelation due to insufficient enrollment. In case of cancelation, the Office of Continuing Education will attempt to contact all registered participants by phone or email. Courses will be canceled approximately two weeks before the course is scheduled to begin. Participants are encouraged to register early in order to facilitate appropriate planning. Participants may check the status of the course by calling the Office of Continuing Education at 609-924-7416.
Refund and Withdrawal Policy
The $50 application fee and $200 deposit (per course) are non-refundable.
Participants enrolled in canceled courses are entitled to a full credit on tuition and deposits. Participants who elect to withdraw from a course may not be entitled to a full credit on tuition and fees. Participants who wish to withdraw should contact the Westminster Office of Continuing Education. The registration fee is nonrefundable, except in the case of course cancelation.
If a participant must cancel, a full refund (with the exception of the deposits) will be given up until 4 p.m EDT on the Monday before the workshop begins. Refunds for workshops with limited enrollments will be given only if the space can be filled before the workshop begins. Therefore, if you must cancel, please let us know immediately so that someone else may take your place. All participants are expected to attend the entire week.
Most courses grant two (2) graduate level credits. Registrants should indicate on the application their interest in receiving graduate credit. The requirements to receive graduate credit will be stated by the instructor at the beginning of the class. Registrants may attend a course as a non-credit participant, with no academic credit involved.
Westminster Music and Books (campus bookstore)
Required music and textbooks will be available from Westminster Music and Books (a division of Follett Books) located in the Student Center. A large selection of music-related books as well as choral, vocal, keyboard and handbell music is available. In addition, there is a large selection of souvenir and snack items. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards are welcome in the store.
If you would like to order specific required or recommended books and/or music, call the bookstore directly at 609-921-1656. For all other questions regarding course requirements and recommendations, please call the Westminster Office of Continuing Education.
Grade reports (not official transcripts) will be sent to the students taking the course for credit.
Official transcript request forms are available at the Westminster Office of Continuing Education. Workshop participants may request, in writing, official college transcripts to be sent to other institutions. When possible, please hold transcript requests until the end of all your Summer Session classes. In addition, transcript requests cannot be processed until all outstanding balances have been paid. Download Transcript Request (.pdf)
Residence Halls and Lodging
- Westminster Campus Workshop participants who desire housing on campus live in Westminster’s residence halls (two people to a room).
- Please note that housing facilities will NOT be air-conditioned.
- Residence halls are equipped with double rooms with bathrooms on each floor.
- Bed linens and towels are not included. Participants need to bring bedding, towels, a travel clock, a small reading lamp and a fan. Washers and dryers are located in the basement of every residence hall, free of charge (please bring detergent).
- The cost for an on-campus room is $250 per week for a double room per person and $400 per week for a single room, per person. An additional night is $25 (if available).
- On-campus housing does not include a meal plan but individual meals can be purchased in the dining commons (cash only).
- Single room requests are honored if space permits, and on a first-come, first-served basis. We may be unable to confirm single room assignments until the week prior to your arrival at Westminster.
- Rooms must be vacated by 9 a.m. the morning following each course. This does not apply to people remaining for consecutive courses. You may, however, be required to change rooms.
Directions to Campus
Participants who desire on-campus parking at Westminster must park their cars in "D" lot - Students/Conservatory Parking Lot (Westminster Campus Map). Commuters may also park on the street.
In addition to the daily instruction, the late afternoons and evenings are free for browsing in the bookstore, studying in the library (which includes one of the largest choral music performance collections in the country), attending evening recitals and concerts, or socializing with your colleagues. Evening events may include oratorio sings, hymn sings, choral, handbell and instrumental concerts as well as voice, piano and organ recitals. The campus is only five blocks from downtown Princeton where participants have the opportunity to enjoy fine shopping, social and eating establishments. In addition, the cultural excitement of New York City and Philadelphia, and the fun of the New Jersey shore, are only an hour away.
Questions? Call us at 609-924-7416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.