“The past two weeks have refreshed the true meaning and importance of choral music in my life. Thank you!”
“I can't imagine a better way to spend two weeks. Truly choir heaven.”
"Pushed my boundaries and made me realize what I'm really capable of”
- Summer Choral Festival 2012 attendees
Download the Summer Choral Festival Flyer
The Summer Choral Festival is a two-week program providing an opportunity to live, sing, study and perform in a professional-level, mixed choral ensemble. Singers enjoy a rigorous schedule that includes classes in choral and vocal pedagogy and performance practice as well as conducting master classes and round-table discussions with conducting faculty. Participants will have the ability to observe the High School Vocal Institute, which runs concurrently.
The Summer Choral Festival includes an auditioned Chamber Choir that attends for two weeks July 13 – 25, 2014. During the second week, the Festival Choir joins them. At the conclusion, all sing Brahms' Ein Deutsches Requiem.
Chamber Choir July 13 – 25, 2014 (auditions required, see below)
Festival Choir July 20 – 25, 2014 (auditions not required)
Online registration will be available soon.
Brahms' Ein Deutsches Requiem
Non-Credit: $745 (for Chamber Choir or Festival Choir)
With 3 Graduate Credits: $1495 (for two-week Chamber Choir)
With 2 Graduate Credits: $1245 (for one-week Festival Choir)
Two weeks for the price of one week - the second week's tuition is waived for Chamber Choir participants.
- Joe Miller, Artistic Director/Conductor
- Mitos Andaya, Conducting Fellow, Temple University
- Dirk Garner, Associate Conductor, Baldwin Wallace University Conservatory of Music
- Amanda Quist, Conducting Fellow, Westminster Choir College
- John Russell, Conducting Fellow, California State University, San Bernardino
- Ryan Brandau, Conducting Fellow, Princeton Pro Musica
Housing is available on campus (see Registration Form) or at area hotels.
Audition Information (Chamber Choir only)
Step One - Submit an Audition Application and recorded audition (CD, mp3, or YouTube link)
Audition Application, available here.
Audition CD, mp3 or YouTube clip should accompany your application form. If submitting the audition on YouTube, send the URL link and be certain that the clip is “unlisted” and not “private.” Mail CDs or mp3 files directly to the Office of Continuing Education, Westminster Choir College, 101 Walnut Lane, Princeton NJ 08540.
The audition recording should include:
- Please announce your name and voice part at the beginning of the recording or YouTube clip
- Prepared Solo - An aria from the Baroque period and may be taken from opera, oratorio, or other choral works.
- Range Test - The singer should begin in the middle of the range and vocalize scale to the top of their comfortable range. Then, begin at the middle of the range and vocalize downward to the lowest note.
- Prepared Choral Excerpt – Schönberg’s Friede auf Erden: Sing a cappella from rehearsal number 2 (measure 21) to the cadence at the bottom of the page. The excerpt should be sung in German with the quarter note equaling approximately 60. The applicants may sing either note of the divisi. Download the excerpts here: Schönberg’s Friede auf Erden
Step Two - After Acceptance
Upon acceptance into the Chamber Choir, you must register and include a 50% tuition payment to reserve your place.
Westminster Office of Continuing Education
Join Our Mailing List!