Mathematics Faculty & Staff
James Ottavio Castagnera, J.D., Ph.D., has spent nearly 30 years practicing, writing about, and teaching law. He has been a faculty member at several institutions and a communication director at an R1 university, and is currently a key administrator at Rider University. He also has been a labor lawyer and litigator with a major Philadelphia firm and the general counsel/corporate secretary for the then-largest convenience store chain in New Jersey and for the nation's number one econometric forecasting organization.
Dr. Jason McCullough received his PhD from the University of Illinois in 2009 under the direction of Sankar Dutta. He came to Rider in 2013 and is currently an assistant professor in the department of mathematics. Previously, he was a visiting assistant professor at the University of California, Riverside and a postdoctoral fellow at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in Berkeley, California. Since coming to Rider, Dr. McCullough has been involved in the GLASS-STEM freshman workshop and co-organizes the undergraduate math seminar.
I have applied to present a workshop on building Conway’s Pencil Models at the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Atlanta convention in March, 2007.
John H. Conway invented a class of models built of hexagonal prisms. Participants will learn to build these models out of pencils and rubber bands, and will explore the symmetries of these models and the relationship between this model and the cubic lattice.
- 1991-2013 Professor, Rider University
- 1983-1991 Associate Professor, Rider College
- 1980-1983 Assistant Professor, Rider College
- 2010-August 2011, Chairman, Department of Mathematics, Rider University
- 1991-2000 Chairman, Department of Mathematics, Rider University
- 2002 (Spring) Director’s Visitor, The Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, New Jersey
- 1986 (Fall) Member Medical Imaging Processing Group, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania (Research Leave)