B.S., Delaware Valley College, M.S.and Ph.D., University of Massachusetts. His interests include immunology, aging, and microbiology. Dr. Riggs has been at Rider since 1991. Dr. Riggs was the recipient of the 2008 Ann Giovanelli Award & the 2010 Distinguished Teaching Award.
1996-2001 Postdoctoral Fellow, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
1991-1996 Ph.D. in Molecular and Cell Biology, Center of Marine Biotechnology; University of Maryland
1987-1991 B.S. in Biology, Cook College, Rutgers University
A graduate from Lankenau Hospital School of Nursing in Philadelphia; Fliszar received a BSN from Cedar Crest College, an MSN in Adult-Health - Gerontology from DeSales University, and a PhD in Nursing from Duquesne University. In addition, she has a Post-MSN Certificate in Transcultural Nursing from Duquesne University, and is a Certified Nurse Educator, awarded by the National League for Nursing (NLN).
B.A., Hartwick College; M.S., Ohio State University; Ph.D. University of Maryland. He studies the behavioral ecology of marine animals with an emphasis on the mating behavior of blue crabs. Dr. Jivoff joined the faculty in 2002.
- 1978 Ph.D., Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 1973 B.S., Biology, American University, Washington, D.C.,
- 2015-2018 Commissioner, New Jersey State Commission for Cancer Research
- 2011-2012 Visiting Scholar, Institute for Advanced Study
Recent Book and Research Interests
1973 B.A. Chemistry, Portland State University
1976 Ph.D. Chemistry, Colorado State University
1976-1979 NIH Post Doctoral Fellow, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Heuris Pharma L.L.C.
1986 M.S., Zoology, Rutgers University
1971 B.S., Creative Arts, New York University
Principles of Biology Laboratory: Biology of Animals (BIO 115L)
Principles of Biology Laboratory: Biology of Plants (BIO 116L)
1989-2000 Teaching Specialist, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Office of Special Academic Programs, Piscataway, NJ
- 1966 Ph.D.Botany, University of Colorado, Boulder CO
- 1962 B.S. Botany, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
My current research studies involve seed, seed bank, and seedling ecology. I work in a local tidal freshwater wetland, known as the Hamilton – Trenton – Bordentown Marsh, where it has been possible to compare vegetation of a reference site with a constructed wetland.
- 1997-98 Post Doctoral Training, TEMPVA Research Group, Inc., Temple, TX
- 1996 Ph.D., Pharmacology, Concentration: Neuroscience, School of Medicine East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- 1990 B.S., Biology, Minor: Chemistry, 1990, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Principles of Biology: Evolution, Diversity and Biology of Animals (BIO-115 & BIO-115L)
- Life Science: Human Disease Emphasis (BIO 106)