Student Teaching Forms and Publications
Download the Student Teaching 2016–17 Handbook (PDF)
Prospective Student Teachers
IMPORTANT: Student Teaching Applications for the Fall 2017 / Spring 2018 semesters are now being accepted.
Applications are due by Sunday, February 5, 2017, by 11:59pm.
Please be sure to select the appropriate application (Undergraduate or Graduate).
- Undergraduate Student Teaching Application (2017-2018)
- Graduate Student Teaching Application (2017-2018)
After submitting your application, you will receive an invitation to the Student Teaching Canvas Site. This is not the course site; it is the site our office will use to gather required documentation regarding your student teaching. Failure to submit required documents by their due dates may negatively impact your placement.
Your Resume and Philosophy of Education Statement are due by Sunday, February 19, 2017, by 11:59pm.
Be sure to proofread as these documents create your first impression upon a school district. We will not submit a placement request without these two documents.
- Student Teacher PowerPoint Presentation (outlines student teaching process details and gives tips for writing your philosophy of education statement)
- Learn about the student teaching experience from previous student teachers
- Criminal Background Check (CBC) \ Substitute Certificate
- Applicant instructions
- Applicant instructions (illustrated)
- FAQs and information on the following
- To check on your criminal history status
- To archive your CBC
- To see substitute certificate/renewal requirements
- If you are a graduate level candidate with a CE
- Please note that the NJ DOE no longer mails printed clearance letters for the CBC. You must download and print a PDF file from this website.
Student teachers should download the items listed below within the first week of student teaching. The first is a form for recording the weekly schedule for your teaching assignment. It should be completed and submitted to your supervisor, unless your supervisor requests this information in a different format. The others may be useful when planning lessons during student teaching. All documents can be found in the Student Teacher Handbook as well.
- Elementary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Secondary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Lesson Planning
- Preobservation Form (PDF)
- INTASC Standards for Teaching
Cooperating teachers are required to complete a midterm and a final evaluation. The evaluations will be conducted through LiveText forms and will be disseminated via an email link (not an attachment). Cooperating teachers will not need to create a LiveText account in order to complete the evaluations.
- Reimbursement Form Requesting Honorarium or Cooperating Teacher Tuition Remission (if choice is $600 towards a class at Rider) (PDF)
- Completed W-9. (PDF)
Forms may be submitted via email (as scanned pdf attachments), fax, mail, or dropped off at:
Office of Field Placement & State Certification
2083 Lawrenceville Road, MEM 116
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
609-896-5175 (phone) 609-896-5282 (fax)
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30AM - 5:00PM
After each classroom observation, supervisors must complete a narrative evaluation on Canvas. The written document should be saved as a PDF and emailed to the student teacher and the cooperating teacher. To request reimbursement for travel expenses, supervisors should complete the forms below and submit them to the Field Placement Office in Memorial 116.
- Expenditures for Supervision of Student Teaching Form (PDF)
- Request for Checks Form (PDF)
- IRS 2017 Standard Mileage Rates