Student Teaching Forms and Publications
Download the Student Teaching 2015-16 Handbook (PDF)
Prospective Student Teachers
IMPORTANT: Student teaching applications can be completed on SurveyMonkey.com using the links below. [Applications are due 2/7/16 by midnight.] All associated documents will be submitted via Canvas. Pay attention to due dates. View the PowerPoint Presentation for more detailed information about the process and for help with writing your philosophy of education statement.
- Student Teacher Application (for GLTP ONLY)
- Student Teacher Application (for Undergraduates ONLY)
- Student Teacher PowerPoint Presentation (outlines student teaching process details and gives tips for writing your philosophy of education statement)
- Learn about the student teaching experience from previous student teachers
- Criminal Background Check (CBC) \ Substitute Certificate
Student teachers should download the items listed below within the first week of student teaching. The first is a form for recording the weekly schedule for your teaching assignment. It should be completed and submitted to your supervisor, unless your supervisor requests this information in a different format. The others may be useful when planning lessons during student teaching. All documents can be found in the Student Teacher Handbook as well.
- Elementary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Secondary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Lesson Planning
- Preobservation Form (PDF)
- INTASC Standards for Teaching
Cooperating teachers are required to complete a midterm and a final evaluation. The evaluations will be conducted through Survey Monkey and will be disseminated via email. Cooperating teachers must print, complete, and submit the stipend form and W9 to request an honorarium or Tuition Remission.
- Reimbursement Form Requesting Honorarium or Cooperating Teacher Tuition Remission (if choice is $600 towards a class at Rider) (PDF)
- Completed W-9. (PDF)
Forms may be submitted via email (as scanned pdf attachments), fax, mail, or dropped off at:
Office of Field Placement & State Certification
2083 Lawrenceville Road, MEM 116
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
609-896-5175 (phone) 609-896-5282 (fax)
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30AM - 5:00PM
After each classroom observation, supervisors must complete a narrative evaluation on Canvas. The written document should be saved as a PDF and emailed to the student teacher and the cooperating teacher. To request reimbursement for travel expenses, supervisors should complete the forms below and submit them to the Field Placement Office in Memorial 116.
- Expenditures for Supervision of Student Teaching Form (PDF)
- Request for Checks Form (PDF)
- IRS 2016 Standard Mileage Rates