Student Teaching Forms and Publications
Download the Student Teaching 2016–17 Handbook (PDF)
Prospective Student Teachers
IMPORTANT: We are no longer accepting student teaching applications for Fall 2016 / Spring 2017. [Applications were due on 2/7/16.]
Applications for Fall 2017 / Spring 2018 will be available on this page in January 2017.
If you have a compelling reason why you need to apply late for 2016-2017, you will need to make an appointment with your Department Chair and the Director of Field Placement to ask for an exception to the deadline. If an exception is granted, your placement will not be guaranteed due to the lateness of your request.
- Student Teacher PowerPoint Presentation (outlines student teaching process details and gives tips for writing your philosophy of education statement)
- Learn about the student teaching experience from previous student teachers
- Criminal Background Check (CBC) \ Substitute Certificate
Student teachers should download the items listed below within the first week of student teaching. The first is a form for recording the weekly schedule for your teaching assignment. It should be completed and submitted to your supervisor, unless your supervisor requests this information in a different format. The others may be useful when planning lessons during student teaching. All documents can be found in the Student Teacher Handbook as well.
- Elementary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Secondary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Lesson Planning
- Preobservation Form (PDF)
- INTASC Standards for Teaching
Cooperating teachers are required to complete a midterm and a final evaluation. The evaluations will be conducted through Survey Monkey and will be disseminated via email. Cooperating teachers must print, complete, and submit the stipend form and W9 to request an honorarium or Tuition Remission.
- Reimbursement Form Requesting Honorarium or Cooperating Teacher Tuition Remission (if choice is $600 towards a class at Rider) (PDF)
- Completed W-9. (PDF)
Forms may be submitted via email (as scanned pdf attachments), fax, mail, or dropped off at:
Office of Field Placement & State Certification
2083 Lawrenceville Road, MEM 116
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
609-896-5175 (phone) 609-896-5282 (fax)
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30AM - 5:00PM
After each classroom observation, supervisors must complete a narrative evaluation on Canvas. The written document should be saved as a PDF and emailed to the student teacher and the cooperating teacher. To request reimbursement for travel expenses, supervisors should complete the forms below and submit them to the Field Placement Office in Memorial 116.
- Expenditures for Supervision of Student Teaching Form (PDF)
- Request for Checks Form (PDF)
- IRS 2016 Standard Mileage Rates