Graduate Programs for Organizational Leaders
About the Organizational Leadership Program
The M.A. in Organizational Leadership is designed to enhance students’ leadership capabilities and understanding of the world in which today’s leaders must function. The knowledge and skills that students will attain through the study of leadership can help them advance in their careers in such specialties as counseling-related services, communication, higher education, and information technology.
While cultivating the ability to ethically lead organizations is the focus of the program, students will also develop and refine their critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to motivate and empower others, and aptitude to communicate effectively and persuasively. Through concentration courses, students will apply the concepts of leadership as they pertain to the advanced study of another academic discipline. Graduates of the program will have developed a vision of leadership, the values to guide their decisions, and the skills and knowledge to translate their vision into reality.
By successfully completing the program, students will develop a core set of leadership skills and knowledge that will enable them to:
- Understand and apply effective leadership styles and models
- Utilize frameworks of ethical decision-making
- Build and lead cross-functional teams (through coaching and mentoring), as well as develop and retain organizational talent
- Communicate effectively and persuasively within all levels of an organization
- Write and think more critically
- Develop conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Understand how to utilize information and financial resources to advance organizations
Organizational Leadership Up Close
In addition to developing a core set of leadership skills and knowledge, the program (depending on the selected area of concentration) will provide students with skills and knowledge requisite to: