Be a Mentee
Take Advantage of the GLASS Mentor Program
Welcome to Rider! Entering college is both a unique and exciting experience. The GLASS (General Liberal Arts and Sciences Students) Mentor Program is here to support you during this transition. The program connects new undeclared students with successful and experienced upper classmen before you even arrive to campus. Your mentor is there to assist you with any questions you may have and to provide you with the motivation, encouragement and support that will contribute toward your academic success at Rider.
The program offers you:
- An experienced student you can connect with before you arrive to campus
- A member of the Rider community who can talk about what to expect when you get here
- A person who has knowledge about Rider’s policies, procedures and calendar deadlines
- A fellow student to help you keep up with academic demands
- Someone who can help you find your way around Rider’s campus
- A Mentor who can help in your quest to discover a major
- A source who knows the where, when and how to obtain needed campus services
- A great resource to help you meet new people and get involved on campus
After your application has been processed, you will be contacted about your mentor. Best of luck as you begin your academic career at Rider.
Eligibility to be a Mentee in the Program
The GLASS Mentor Program is open to all incoming GLASS students.
How to apply to be a Mentee:
Apply by downloading the application and survey form (.pdf).
Submit your completed application and information sheet by e-mail, mail or fax to:
Director of Student Academic Services
Fine Arts Room 207
When will I know who my Mentor is and when can I contact him/her?
Contact information for your Mentor will be sent prior to the start of the fall semester.