Rider's post baccalaureate premedical studies program is most appropriate for career changers who have not yet taken the undergraduate science course prerequisites for admission to medical school, dental school, veterinary school, etc.
Although not a masters degree program, post baccalaureate students receive advising and academic support from Rider's Premedical Studies Committee. Additionally, students take advantage of the Continuing Studies part-time rate (currently $530 per credit hour) regardless of the number or credits taken per semester. Financial aide may be available.
To be eligible for status as a post baccalaureate premedical student:
- You must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- You must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA in all completed undergraduate work.
- You must be enrolled in the Rider College of Continuing Studies.
- You must seek academic advising from the Chair of the Premedical Studies Committee every semester you attend Rider University. This is in addition to any advising you receive in the College of Continuing Studies.
- You must receive a "B" or better in all science courses that you take at Rider University.
- You must sign up for an interview with the Premedical Studies Committee every spring semester you attend Rider University.
To Get started:
View the complete list of basic science courses that are considered integral to Rider’s Post Baccalaureate Premedical, Predental, and Preveterinary Studies program on page 3 of the PreMedical Program application (.pdf). Complete and submit the application as directed, or contact us at (609) 896-5033 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
For More Information:
Dr. Bryan Spiegelberg, Ph.D.
Chair, Premedical Studies Committee
Assistant Professor II
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Physics