The Political Science Department at Rider University offers two majors, one in the discipline of Political Science and another in Global Studies.
In addition to education in the main areas of the discipline, Political Science majors can take a concentration in Pre-Law, Practical Politics, American Politics, International Relations and Comparative Politics, or Political Theory.
At Rider, Political Science students can:
- perform internships in state government agencies in nearby Trenton, including working in campaigns for governor, state legislative offices, Congress and the U.S. Senate, political party organizations, local government agencies, prosecutors’ offices and law firms, and in businesses and international corporations.
- perform Independent Research with distinguished, student-centered faculty members.
- participate in forums, activities, and student research projects sponsored by The Rebovich Institute for New Jersey Politics (which is housed in the Department) and participate in the Political Science Society, the College Democrats, and the College Republicans.
- compete for positions on Rider’s award winning Model United Nations Team, which participates in an annual international competition in New York City.
- receive instruction as well as academic and career advice from full-time faculty who are committed to student success.
Rider Political Science graduates can:
- attend law school and graduate school.
- pursue careers in government and practical politics.
- work in business and the media.
- become educators.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Jonathan Mendilow
Office Location: Fine Arts 277