34th Annual High School Writing Contest
Prizes in Each Category
All Finalists will receive a Certificate of Honorable Mention
All Winners will be considered for publication in Venture, Rider’s literary magazine
- ESSAY: Write a personal essay, labeled ESSAY, on a topic of your choice of no more than five double-spaced, typed pages.
- FICTION: Write a short story, labeled FICTION, of no more than five double-spaced, typed pages.
- POETRY: Write a poem of no more than 50 lines.
- Type on the entry:
Your Name and address
School Name and address
- Include a letter from a teacher stating that the work is original and by you.
- Entries must be typed. Handwritten entries will not be read. Stories and essays must be double-spaced. Single-spaced prose will not be read. Please give your story, essay and or poem a title.
- Only one entry per category will be considered. Choose your best writing and send only one.
- Mail your entry postmarked no later than December 13, 2013 to:
Dr. Roberta Clipper
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Entries cannot be returned. Winners will be announced by May 2014.
Include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a list of winners.