Preparation for Camp
Follow Criminal Justice Camp on twitter @RiderCCS
Post photos during camp using #riderCJ
What to Bring
- Bed sheets for a twin bed (extra long)
- Two (2) large bath towels
- Power strip
- Alarm clock
- Bug spray
- Sun block
- Laundry detergent and softener (We do offer access to free washers and dryers)
- Shower shoes (flip flops)
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes
- Spending money (optional) (Campers are welcome to purchase items at our bookstore (food, sweatshirts, etc.).
Cell Phone Policy
Students who have phones will only be able to use them on a limited basis – NOT during class or activity time, but during meals or free time. Public telephones are available on campus in the Library and Student Center. In the event of an emergency, Rider Summer Camp staff will provide telephone access to students. In the event of an emergency at home, parents can reach students from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. by calling at 609-896-5033. In the event of an emergency at home outside of our office hours, contact the Rider University Public Safety at 609-219-2000 (24 hrs.).
- Summer casual clothing
- A sweater or sweatshirt (in case the classroom air conditioning is too cold)
- Dress clothes to wear during the mock trial
- Long sleeve shirt and long pants to guard against ticks (some activities will take place in or near Rider's wooded area)
Residence Halls & Lodging
- Male and female students are housed on separate floors in the residence hall
- Trained college counselors supervise all residence halls and chaperone students during the program
- Lodging and dining are provided in a traditional college atmosphere
- Residence halls are equipped with double and triple rooms with bathrooms on each floor.
- Roommate requests may be accommodated but are not guaranteed. Both parties must indicate roommate requests
with their applications. We cannot accept requests after June 1st.
Prior to arrival, students will receive an information packet with details for check-in. Upon arrival, students will be assigned to a residence hall and receive schedules and other pertinent information. This information cannot be given out over the phone prior to the start of the program.
Special Travel Arrangements
Special arrangements for travel must be communicated in writing to the College of Continuing Studies at least two weeks prior to the beginning of camp. We understand that sometimes travel plans cannot coincide with the times for check-in/check-out. If a student must arrive a day early and/or leave a day later, please call the office (609-896-5033) to make special arrangements. While we do not encourage early arrivals or late departures, counselors are on campus, and we will do our best to accommodate you. We are unable to permit students to arrive after the first class has begun.
We recommend flying into Newark International Airport in Newark, New Jersey. To get to Lawrenceville from Newark International Airport, you may make a reservation with Olympic Airporter 1-800-822-9797 (from inside the U.S.); 1-732-938-6666 (from outside the U.S.). Reserve online.
Hotel and local information
Your child may not stay at the hotel with you and you may not take them off campus.