The Applied Leadership Institute course is designed for science professionals who seek to expand their leadership skills and abilities.
Program Highlights & Objectives
Through the exploration of best practice skills for leading people and organizations, participants in this three-day course will learn how to:
- Enhance their management skills
- Develop innovative leadership strategies
- Create successful teams
- Build effective employee relations
- Increase motivation for an energetic work place
By engaging in personalized and interactive exercises, self-assessments, and case studies, participants will also learn how to:
- Establish strong organizational credibility
- Identify challenges that hinder performance
- Support and implement great ideas
- Identify leadership challenges
- Design and develop effective teams
- Promote effective team dynamics
- Assess and review employee performance
- Effectively communicate with others
- Employ best practices to exceed expectations
- Utilize strategies that result in commitment to projects (not just compliance and resistance)
Evaluation Results from Previous Participants
A survey of previous participants in the Applied Leadership Institute for Science Professionals showed that the vast majority — 92% — was highly satisfied with the three-day course.
- Nearly all — 96% — said they were able to immediately apply what they had learned on their return to work.
- Nearly three out of every four — 74% — reported they were still using the skills and knowledge they had acquired.
- One-third of the participants gave the course the highest rating of "excellent" for its value to their career and personal lives, while nearly all the remaining participants rated the course very highly for its career and personal value.
- Nearly nine out of every 10 (88%) said they would recommend the Institute to a colleague.
”Leadership is not magnetic personality that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not 'making friends and influencing people' that is flattery. Leadership is lifting a person's vision to higher sights, the raising of a person's performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations.” - Peter F. Drucke