As a College of Continuing Studies' student, you can enroll in any course Rider offers (early morning, day, evening, etc.) However, our alternate format courses (weekend, eight-week alternate, online, and accelerated) are designed especially for the nontraditional student:
Types of Alternate Format Courses:
- Accelerated Courses (3-week and 6-week): In the Summer Sessions, we offer 3-week and 6-week courses that meet for 3 hours, either 4 or 2 times a week respectively.
- Online Courses: An increasing number of online courses provide students with the ability to complete coursework anytime, anywhere!
- Eight-week Alternate Evening Courses: Eight-week evening courses meet for 3 hours once a week, eight times during the semester. Courses typically meet every other weeknight (e.g. every other Monday evening).
- Weekend Courses: Weekend courses meet for 3 hours once a week, eight times during the semester. Typically courses meet every other weekend (e.g. every other Saturday).
Special Information for Alternate Format Courses
Since the alternate format courses meet every other week, students should plan to attend every class session (in fact, a faculty member may make attendance mandatory). If there is an emergency situation that causes you to be absent during the semester, you should notify your faculty immediately or as soon as possible using your Rider e-mail address.
- Course Calendar: The schedule of course meetings is available on our website by visiting course calendars
- Make-Up and Review Session: The make-up/review session is used at faculty discretion.