The International Business Committee represents faculty from across the CBA. This group serves as advisors to students majoring in International Business, and makes suggestions for curriculum changes affecting the Major. Most committee members teach in the international area, and several lead global business study tours to different foreign countries.
Dr. Chandar is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the American Accounting Association, the American Institute of CPAs and the New Jersey Society of CPAs.
Financial Reporting and Regulation in Capital Markets, Financial Intermediation, Investment Company Reporting, Agency Theory, Audit Committees and Corporate Governance, Accounting and Business History
- Doctor of Philosophy, 2009, Baruch College, City University of New York, Earnings Quality and Corporate Investment
- Master of Business Administration, 2003, Columbia University, Finance
- Bachelor of Science, 1997, University of Witwatersrand, Civil Engineering
- Ratner, M. & Chiu, C. (2013). Hedging Stock Sector Risk with Credit Default Swaps. International Review of Financial Analysis, 30, 18-25.
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1998, Drexel University, Management Information Systems, Organizational Behavior
- Master of Business Administration, 1997, Drexel University, Management Information Systems
- Bachelor’s of Science, 1982, Boston University, Business Education
Academic Experience – International
Director, Rider University, Center for International Business (November 2007 to the present)
- Ph.D. University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, Accounting, 2007
- B.E. Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, Accounting, 2000
- Dr. Li joined the Rider community in 2006. She is a member of the Institute of Management Accountants, American Accounting Association, Certified General Accountants’ Association of Canada, Beta Alpha Psi Business Honors Fraternity, Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society recognizing Business Excellence, and is a recipient of four Summer Research Fellowships at Rider University.
Areas of Expertise
Positioning; strategic market planning; marketing of higher education institutions; marketing research
Scholarship of teaching and learning; planning and positioning in the nonprofit sector
Strategic market planning; principles of marketing; introduction to business; international marketing; marketing analysis and decision making
Dr. O’Reilly-Allen has been a member of the Rider Community since 1991. She is Director of the Masters of Accountancy Program and the Accounting Co-op Program. She teaches the Managerial Accounting courses, Cost Management, and the graduate course Issues in Financial Reporting. She has also led business study tours to Spain, Italy, Prague, London and Ireland. She is also the Director of the Accounting Internship Program.
- Ph.D. The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, Concentration in Operations Management, 2012
- M.S. The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, Concentration in Supply Chain Management, 2010
- M.S. Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, Concentration in Supply Chain Management, 2006
- B.S. Fudan University, Shanghai, China, Concentration in Operations Research, 2001