Global Supply Chain Management Faculty
Rider University’s Global Supply Chain Management program features full-time faculty members from a variety of academic disciplines, reflecting the broad and interdisciplinary aspects of supply chain management. Additionally, a number of adjunct faculty members with years of professional experience in supply chain management teach selected courses. Their combined expertise exposes our students to both the real-world and theoretical components of this specialization/
Dr. Lauren Eder is a professor of Information Systems in the Department of Information Systems & Supply Chain Management, and Director of the Center for International Business. She holds a Ph.D. and MBA from Drexel University and a BS from Boston University. Dr. Eder teaches graduate and undergraduate business courses including information systems for supply chain management, data mining, electronic commerce, and management information systems, as well as the EMBA international seminar and other international business study tour courses.
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1983, University of Texas, Austin, Operations Research
- Master of Science, 1977, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, Industrial Engineering
- Master of Business Administration, 1977, Texas A&M, Management
- Bachelor’s of Science, 1971, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, Industrial Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1991, University of Texas, Austin
- Master of Science, 1984, Tsinghua Universit, Beijing China
- Bachelor’s of Science, 1982, Tsinghua University, Beijing China
- Meric, I., Gong, L., Chaganti, R., & Meric, G. (2014). A Comparison of the Financial Characteristics of U.S. and Japanese Electric and Electronic Equipment Manufacturing Firms. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 14 (1), 152-158.
- Ph.D. The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, Regional Science
- M.B.A. The Wharton School, Philadelphia, PA
- M.A. The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, Regional Science
- B.A. Haverford College, Haverford, PA
- Miller, T. C. & De Matta, R. (2015). Formation of a Manufacturing and Distribution Network with Transfer Prices. European Journal of Operational Research, 241.
Areas of Expertise
Positioning; strategic market planning; marketing of higher education institutions; marketing research
Scholarship of teaching and learning; planning and positioning in the nonprofit sector
Strategic market planning; principles of marketing; introduction to business; international marketing; marketing analysis and decision making
- Ph.D. The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, Concentration in Operations Management, 2012
- M.S. The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, Concentration in Supply Chain Management, 2010
- M.S. Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, Concentration in Supply Chain Management, 2006
- B.S. Fudan University, Shanghai, China, Concentration in Operations Research, 2001