PMBA-8010 Information Technology
The course is about hands-on spreadsheet and database work, and descriptive or conceptual study of IT security along with current trends of interest to managers. At present, the current trends we study are Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing.
For hands-on work, we use Next Generation EXCEL: Modeling in EXCEL for Analysts and MBAs, by Issac D. Gottlieb, Wiley, 2nd edition (2013). ISBN: 978-1118469101. Required chapters are 1 through 11, 15 through 21, 26-35 and the Appendix.
Our readings for security, Business Intelligence, and Cloud Computing include the following:
- How the Internet Works in 5 Minutes (You Tube)
- An Overview of Business Intelligence Technology (pdf)
- A View of Cloud Computing (pdf)
- The CIO's Guide to Mobile Security (pdf)
- Network Security: An Executive Overview (pdf)
On the exam, you will be expected to discuss an application of your own choosing in terms of the concepts covered in the readings.