ENT 420: Student Venture Experience (SVE)
Students in SVE actually launch and run a venture with faculty guidance for one semester. This course is an elective course for seniors in the Entrepreneurial Studies major. Students must have completed a business plan that is ready for execution.
- Click here to learn about the Best Practice Award that was won at the Small Business Institute National Conference in San Diego.
- Click here to go to the Student Ventures Blog to read about participating in the Rider Student Venture Experience program or the Small Business Institute® program.
- Understand the entrepreneurial process
- Learn fiscal discipline
- Handle running a business and coping with the unexpected
Student ventures needing financial assistance for the SVE can apply for, and if approved, receive a no-interest matching loan of up to $5,000 through the Rider University Student Venture Fund (RUSVF).
- Student should match at least 100% of the requested loan amount
- Student must submit their business plan to an advisory board for review
- Student must be enrolled in the SVE course
- Student must have completed New Venture Planning (ENT 410) OR prepared a comprehensive business plan for the venture.
This unique course combines training, mentoring, and financing so students can launch their venture while learning.