For K-8 Teachers
All-Online Graduate Courses & Certificate Program
Become a STEM Leader in Your District! | View Brochure (pdf)
Rider University’s STEM graduate education courses and 15-credit Graduate Certificate Program provide the knowledge and pedagogy to enable K-8 teachers to become outstanding STEM leaders in their district.
This program was developed with generous support from the Martinson Family Foundation.
Ideal for K–8 teachers; a math or science background is not required
Online, interactive courses allow you to schedule your studies around your busy life
Courses may lead to NJDOE endorsement
Individual courses can be taken to fulfill professional goals
Courses offered in Fall, Spring and Summer
Strong emphasis on Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and the Next Generation Science Standards
Credits can be applied toward a graduate education degree at Rider
Rider’s STEM Leadership
Rider University’s School of Education has a 100-year history of educational innovation and has been a leading regional provider of STEM education in New Jersey since 1976.
Courses & Certificate Program Information
For More Information
STEM Education courses and certificate program information:
Graduate admission information:
800-257-9026 or 609-896-5036
Math Education Graduate Courses & Certificate Program
Take all five courses (15 credits) to earn a Rider Graduate Certificate in STEM Education with a concentration in Math and be eligible for the NJDOE Endorsement in Mathematics. You can also choose individual courses (3 credits each) to meet your professional learning goals.
- Teaching & Learning Number & Operations
- Teaching & Learning Algebraic Reasoning
- Teaching & Learning Rational Numbers & Proportional Reasoning
- Teaching & Learning Geometric Understanding
- Teaching & Learning Measurement & Data
Science Education Graduate Courses & Certificate Program
Take all five courses (15 credits) to earn Rider’s Graduate Certificate in STEM Education with a concentration in Science. You can also select individual courses (3 credits each) to meet your professional learning goal.
- Teaching & Learning Life Science
- Teaching & Learning Physical Science
- Teaching & Learning Earth & Space Science
- Engineering Solutions to the Challenges of Contemporary Science Issues
- Instruction & Assessment for Student Success in Science