Course Registration Information
- Within the first year of study in the program, students will meet with their faculty advisors to devise a plan of study. This is important because of the prerequisites that need to be taken prior to registering for field work courses.
- Registration is not a guarantee for class placement.
- In the graduate program, full-time status is 9 credits/semester, and part-time status is 3-6 credits/semester. Students must have at least 6 credits/semester to apply for student loans.
Comprehensive Exam Information
Comprehensive Examinations are to be taken in the last semester of the program. Students completing the program in the Summer semester may petition the Counseling Services faculty to take the Comprehensive Examination in the Spring. The must be done in writing with permission granted prior to registration for the Spring semester.
Expectations of Counseling Students
- All students are required to participate in group activities and in self-exploration.
- Computer literacy is expected and will be essential in the following courses: COUN-505 and EDPS-520.
- All Counseling Services degree candidates must purchase professional liability insurance.