Download the Student Teaching Handbook (PDF)
Prospective Student Teachers
IMPORTANT: Student teaching applications can be completed on SurveyMonkey.com using the links below. All associated documents will be submitted via Blackboard. View the PowerPoint Presentation for more detailed information about the process. Use the Student Teacher Checklist link to ensure that you have submitted all necessary documents. See the Student Teaching FAQs for more information.
Student teachers should download the items listed below within the first week of student teaching. The first is a form for recording the weekly schedule for your teaching assignment. It should be completed and submitted to your supervisor. The others may be useful when planning lessons during student teaching. All documents can be found in the Student Teacher Handbook as well.
- Elementary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Secondary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Lesson Planning
- Preobservation Form (PDF)
- INTASC Standards for Teaching
Cooperating teachers are required to periodically evaluate the student teacher's performance. Cooperating teachers must submit the forms below to request an honorarium or Tuition Remission. Forms should be completed online and emailed to email@example.com. All other forms will be available via Taskstream.
- Reimbursement form requesting Honorarium or Cooperating Teacher Tuition Remission (if choice is $600 towards a class at Rider) (PDF)
- Completed W-9. (PDF)
After each classroom observation, supervisors must complete a narrative evaluation and submit it on Taskstream. The written document should be saved as a PDF and emailed to the student teacher and the cooperating teacher as needed. To request reimbursement for travel expenses, supervisors should complete the forms below and submit them to the Field Placement Office in Memorial 116.
- Expenditures for Supervision of Student Teaching Form (PDF)
- Request for Checks Form (DOC)