BSBA Online Degree Completion
The BSBA with a major in General Business will provide students with a broad-based business knowledge, and is appropriate for students who do not want to concentrate in a particular functional area, but instead intend to pursue one of the following goals:
- Attend graduate school, such as law school or a MBA or Ph.D. program
- Enter a management training or marketing program with a current or future employer
- Enter a family business or start a new one
A candidate for graduation must complete a minimum of 120 credits.
To qualify for admission to this program, you must:
- hold an associate’s degree in business or have completed at least half of the credits required toward a bachelor’s degree in business (60 or more credits);
- have completed your studies within the last 10 years;
- be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher)
Note: If you do not meet these criteria, contact Rider’s College of Continuing Studies for other options.
To apply for admission, you must complete and file the following:
- Rider’s College of Continuing Studies Application for Admissions
- Official transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended.
- Statement of aims and objectives
Note: The $50 application fee will be waived for qualified applicants.
Advanced Standing Opportunities
By enrolling in Rider University’s online bachelor’s degree completion program, you can earn your degree more quickly than you ever thought possible through the following options:
- Transfer credits from accredited universities or colleges
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Dantes/DSST
- NYU Foreign Language Proficiency Exams
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) in select non-business disciplines
Rider also recognizes American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines regarding the college-level credits earned for certification and training program.
Is an Online Program Right for You?
There is no question that online studies offer students tremendous flexibility and convenience. You can study in the privacy of your home or office during times most convenient for you. However, online classes require strong self-motivation and discipline to succeed. The course work is rigorous and as an independent learner, you should expect to spend at least 10 hours each week studying and working on assignments for every three-credit course taken. Regular computer and Internet access, as well as a familiarity with basic computer skills, are also essential to success in this program.
A Curriculum of Quality
Your program of study will vary depending upon your academic background and successfully completed coursework. The full program of study includes the following areas:
- Introduction to Accounting
- Managerial Uses of Accounting
- Marketing Principles
- Fundamentals of Management & Organizational Behavior
- Introduction to Finance
- Social & Legal Environment of Business
- Management Information Systems
- Strategic Management & Policy
- Information Systems Essentials
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Statistical Methods I
- Statistical Methods II
- Business Graphics
- Networks & Telecommunications
- User-Centered Design
- Electronic Commerce
- Labor Market Analysis
- Human Resource Management
- International Management
- Retailing Management
- Internet Marketing
Liberal Arts Electives
Choose from a variety of science, humanities and social studies
Your advisor will provide you with a complementary transfer credit evaluation
Request More Information