Military Certification

Rider University’s degree programs are approved under the Veterans Readjustment Benefits Act of 1966, as amended.  An application for program of education is available online at

Students in the College of Continuing Studies should complete this form and return it to the Military Affairs Representatives. All other undergraduate and graduate students as well as all students receiving benefits under Vocational Rehabilitation for Disabled Veterans should return this form to the Military Affairs Representatives. Service members, veterans, and their beneficiaries who receive post 9/11 G.I. Bill benefits may be eligible for Rider’s Yellow Ribbon program.

Students filing for benefits at Rider will be responsible for filing a copy of their DD 214 (separation papers) their Certificate of Eligibility (for students under the post 9/11 G.I. Bill) with the Military Affairs Representatives.

Students who are applying for or who are receiving VA or military service benefits, must matriculate before the completion of 24 credits at Rider.  Students who have transferred from another college and received 30 or more transfer credits should matriculate before they complete, or during the semester that they complete 15 credits at Rider, in order to be eligible for certification for VA benefits.  See the Undergraduate Procedures and Policies in the academic catalog for specific benefits.

Each April students receiving VA benefits must notify the Military Affairs Representatives in writing of their enrollment plans for the coming academic year.