Rider’s Honors Programs offer mind-changing learning, where big ideas and independent thinking are encouraged.
You'll join a dynamic environment where intellectually curious and talented students engage in passionate discussions in small, stimulating classes, led by some of Rider’s most accomplished professors.
Your learning is enhanced through interdisciplinary seminars, independent research and a variety of cultural and social events.
These experiences — and the recognition that comes with successful completion of Rider's Honors programs — help Honors students achieve admission to top graduate schools, a successful start to their careers, and the ability to adapt and succeed in a world characterized by change.
Advantages of Participation
- Small classes, priority registration, and invitations to special events
- Comprehensive advising and guidance from your faculty adviser and the Honors Program director
- Special recognition as an Honors Scholar at graduation
- Deep-probing, interdisciplinary courses and vigorous classroom debates
- Innovative teaching methods
- Close interaction with professors
- Special research opportunities
- Honors housing option for students living on Rider’s Lawrenceville campus
Honors Eligibility Criteria
Your invitation to participate in Rider’s Baccalaureate Honors and Business Honors programs is based on your academic record and SAT/ACT scores. The following are the minimum criteria for consideration:
- A minimum GPA of 3.3
- A combined SAT score of 1230 in critical reading and math, with a score of at least 600 in each section, plus a minimum writing score of 550; or an ACT composite of 27
For more information
Baccalaureate Honors Program
Business Honors Program
Dr. Ira Bruce Sprotzer, Director