1898 to 1934
A native of Clifton County, Ohio, Franklin Benjamin Moore accepted an invitation in 1898 from President Andrew J. Rider — then in his final year in office — to join the faculty at Trenton Business College. By the end of the year, he acquired ownership of the college and became its second president.
Known as a quiet and reserved man, President Moore devoted the bulk of his energies to his administrative responsibilities. Acknowledged as a pioneer in the development of the quarter system of education, he developed a plan that enabled students to attend class for just 48 weeks each year to complete a four-year program in only two or three calendar years.
During his time as president, the institution officially became known as Rider College upon its move to East State Street in Trenton in 1921. President Moore also presided over the college a year later when the New Jersey State Board of Education granted Rider College permission to confer the degrees of Bachelor of Accounts and Bachelor of Commercial Science.