As a member of the Parents Council of Rider University, you have the opportunity to participate in the lives of students in a rather unique way. This gives you a chance to stay connected through direct involvement in programs that support the University’s mission and the opportunity to enrich the Rider experience for all students.
Among Rider’s core values are service to the community and an emphasis on leadership, whether in the boardroom, the classroom, the fields of competition or the halls of justice. These concepts augment the University’s emphasis on student-centered education and career success in a diverse and interdependent world. As a member of the Parents Council, you will play a vital role in this, both practically and through your example by:
- Serving as a liaison between parents and Rider University;
- Acting as ambassadors for the University to other parents and the larger community;
- Encouraging parental participation in University activities; and
- Support Rider in its critically important admissions, student life and fundraising initiatives.
- Job Descriptions
Parent ambassadors support and advance the University’s mission by working with the Office of Admissions to help provide lines of communication between current parents and prospective parents and families.
- Help build relationships between prospective parents and the University by participating in admitted student events and sharing their experiences.
- Assist with student move-in and orientation
- Contribute to articles, newsletter, e-mails and other means of communication
For more information on Parent Ambassadors, please contact:
Associate Director of Admission
Parent Fundraising Volunteers
(Parent Class Agents)
Parent fundraising volunteers serve as Parent Class Agents for the student’s class (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior). Parent fundraising volunteers assist in educating and engaging current parents with the Parents Campaign in support of The Rider Fund. Gifts to the Parents Campaign provide immediate support to Rider University’s current priorities, including student financial aid, academic programs, and faculty initiates.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participating in parent fundraising events
- Signing parent class solicitation letters (two per year)
- Providing new ideas to help increase parent participation.
For more information on the Parent’s Campaign, please contact:
Director of Annual Giving
Special event volunteers assist in promoting and facilitating Rider throughout the year.
Promoting, ushering and supporting special events including but not limited to:
- Family Weekend
- Hosting cast parties and/or receptions for student productions
For more information on other Parents Council opportunities, please contact: